How many times a week should meetings be held?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
I am sure that it varies from company to company in doing so. As for me, I prefer to conduct a meeting every Monday in the morning. Since I am working for a sales company, I need to know their commitments with regards to sales quotas, target clients, and the like. At some point, it was an effective way to increase sales weekly or monthly.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
Normally, once a week should be good enough. But for team projects, more frequent meetings should be held so that each member of the team can be updated on the progress of the project.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Normally, once a week should be good enough. But for team projects, more frequent meetings should be held so that each member of the team can be updated on the progress of the project.
I agree that they can do once a week. If there are urgent matters, they can still have the meetings anytime. It varies from one company to another to do their meetings.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
In the university where I work the meeting is held once a month. But there are offices that conduct a meeting weekly like in a Pre-Need Company to monitor sales quota.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Personally I believe that it depends on the nature of the business that is going to determine how many times they should be having meeting but generally it will be at least once or twice in a week.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
In the university where I work the meeting is held once a month. But there are offices that conduct a meeting weekly like in a Pre-Need Company to monitor sales quota.
I agree that it depends what field of work we are in. The best part is to have the series of meetings to be informed, be aware, and resolve any conflicts or dilemmas. It is how things will be resolved.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
It depends on the business owner though, i think if you want to hold a business meeting on a weekly basis, having it once a week should be very okay.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I am sure that it varies from company to company in doing so. As for me, I prefer to conduct a meeting every Monday in the morning. Since I am working for a sales company, I need to know their commitments with regards to sales quotas, target clients, and the like. At some point, it was an effective way to increase sales weekly or monthly.
I think it will be good if a company can hold meetings on Fridays and Monday's. Monday is will be on how to run the business throughout the week and Fridays will be for what they have achieved during the week

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Actually there are no specific rules, everything can be adjusted to the needs of each company. Especially if there are important things that need to be discussed together. Make sure to set a clear agenda schedule, so that all participants can attend the meeting.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am not in favour of unnecessarily holding meetings. In case if there is a "business emergency", then I would hold a meeting right away. Regardless of that, I would prefer more on working out and solving the problems.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
This will depend on the company and management involved but for me once a week should be good enough. Personally I do t like more frequent meetings that are just time wasting

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Actually there are no specific rules, everything can be adjusted to the needs of each company. Especially if there are important things that need to be discussed together. Make sure to set a clear agenda schedule, so that all participants can attend the meeting.
But I don't think it will be nice for a company to be holding meetings with the employees everyday or almost all the time. It will be so tiring especially for someone like me

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
But I don't think it will be nice for a company to be holding meetings with the employees everyday or almost all the time. It will be so tiring especially for someone like me

Yes, I think so too. No need to hold meetings every day. If there are small things that are important, they can still be conveyed and informed through the company group, usually using the WhatsApp group. Or posted an announcement on an information board posted in a strategic location.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Yes, I think so too. No need to hold meetings every day. If there are small things that are important, they can still be conveyed and informed through the company group, usually using the WhatsApp group. Or posted an announcement on an information board posted in a strategic location.
There are some companies that hold meetings everyday and the employees are tired because most meetings that the hold do not even have any reasonable topic that they talk about

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
When it comes to meetings, holding one once a week should be enough unless of course, you have a project ongoing within your business that would benefit from maybe having an extra meeting each week whilst the project is ongoing.

I wouldn't go past two meetings a week though as that could lead to many not wanting to turn up as it could cut into time where they spend with family or even catch up on things they can't do when at work.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
When it comes to meetings, holding one once a week should be enough unless of course, you have a project ongoing within your business that would benefit from maybe having an extra meeting each week whilst the project is ongoing.

I wouldn't go past two meetings a week though as that could lead to many not wanting to turn up as it could cut into time where they spend with family or even catch up on things they can't do when at work.
Is the same thing I have in mind but it is sometimes good to hold meetings on the beginning of the week and the end of the week to know the plans for the week and also what you have achieved at the end of the week

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Is the same thing I have in mind but it is sometimes good to hold meetings on the beginning of the week and the end of the week to know the plans for the week and also what you have achieved at the end of the week
This could also work as long as the employers are aware of the meetings and they stick to those days and times, many can plan around that and it will not be an issue. Usually, when meetings are set up suddenly without warning and they are not planned, that is when employers tend to get annoyed.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.648
According to me, the meeting should be held atleast once in month. This is however the appropriately time frame for conducting them.
Bigger companies hold meetings once a year, The general annual meeting, AGM

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I agree that it depends what field of work we are in. The best part is to have the series of meetings to be informed, be aware, and resolve any conflicts or dilemmas. It is how things will be resolved.

Personally I believe that having meetings more than twice in a week is too much to ask of those that are working in that company.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This could also work as long as the employers are aware of the meetings and they stick to those days and times, many can plan around that and it will not be an issue. Usually, when meetings are set up suddenly without warning and they are not planned, that is when employers tend to get annoyed.

Yeah right, I totally agree with you. Impromptu meetings often make employees feel annoyed, because they don't know what will be discussed at the meeting and can't prepare properly.

Back