How many times a week should meetings be held?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
it doesn't make economic sense for a company to be holding meetings with the employees everyday For me I think it is a totK waste of their productive time. si no need.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
In an organization or company, we often attend meetings, especially weekly meetings, to discuss routine issues such as increasing/decreasing sales, number of customer complaints, etc. So every company will hold a meeting according to its purpose, such as the annual meeting of shareholders, monthly meetings, etc.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
I agree with this the frequency of a meeting should be According to the company and also according to its purpose, just check the level of tikes the effects of the meeting will be higher.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
According to me, the meeting should be held atleast once in month. This is however the appropriately time frame for conducting them.
Bigger companies hold meetings once a year, The general annual meeting, AGM
Once in a month may not be very good. There are times when you need to hold meetings because of the situation of the country and once in a month may make the company to lag

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.725
Personally I believe that having meetings more than twice in a week is too much to ask of those that are working in that company.
I do not like and not in favor to have more than one meeting in a week. Although it is possible if there are some urgent matters that need to be done and addressed to.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Meetings will be held by the company according to the purpose of the meeting itself, there are daily meetings aimed at motivating the work of salespeople, as well as weekly meetings to discuss routine activities, monthly meetings to discuss the previous month's progress, next month's targets and plans, looking for new ideas.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think holding a meeting every Monday morning in a business venture is not bad. It maybe once or twice depending on the structure of the business venture.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
If you don't have any changes don't held meetings. People actually don't like meetings since everytime some new rule is coming. They want work and not talk about work. Except lazy people.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
I see a lot of business owners do this a lot, they hold a meeting every Monday morning in a business premises to alert everyone of information. which isn't bad.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
Yes I think the banks and other corporate orgainisation have fixed meetings in a business venture.it is good for organised businesses to have fixed days for their meeting so that everyone is aware.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
This will depend on the company and management involved but for me once a week should be good enough. Personally I do t like more frequent meetings that are just time wasting
Yes I agree with this, when meetings are held too much, it tends to loose its value. Over time people would stop taking it seriously all together. There would he no quality contents to talk about all together.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I am sure that it varies from company to company in doing so. As for me, I prefer to conduct a meeting every Monday in the morning. Since I am working for a sales company, I need to know their commitments with regards to sales quotas, target clients, and the like. At some point, it was an effective way to increase sales weekly or monthly.
Well, I just believe it should be held anytime the need arises but a weekly schedule may be made, online communication has even made everything look more simpler .

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.050
When I was working in gsk in start they used to take meetings on daily basis after few years it becomes 2 times in a week and finally when management analyse all aspect they just started taking meeting once a week.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.725
Well, I just believe it should be held anytime the need arises but a weekly schedule may be made, online communication has even made everything look more simpler .
These days, communication is easier and convenient with people who are working in a company. We can embrace the chances of having a meeting in a group chat anytime. I do agree that having a meeting can be conducted anytime if needed.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
These days, communication is easier and convenient with people who are working in a company. We can embrace the chances of having a meeting in a group chat anytime. I do agree that having a meeting can be conducted anytime if needed.
Yeah, at least it is still effective and an immediate need when there is an urgent meeting and requires the attendance of all staffs or business partners , we still hope for more integrated system for online meetings ..

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
You are right too much or incessant meetings is not good, it tends to loose its value. over time. Because people would begin to see it as boring routine too

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yeah right, I totally agree with you. Impromptu meetings often make employees feel annoyed, because they don't know what will be discussed at the meeting and can't prepare properly.
It is always very frustrating for you to call an impromptu meeting because it is always going to interfere with other agendas that the workers have to do which might actually be very serious.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.725
Yeah, at least it is still effective and an immediate need when there is an urgent meeting and requires the attendance of all staffs or business partners , we still hope for more integrated system for online meetings ..
There is no problem when it comes to having the urgent meetings. It is always on top management's discretion. We just need to cooperate with each other and work together accordingly.
Post automatically merged:

I think it will be good if a company can hold meetings on Fridays and Monday's. Monday is will be on how to run the business throughout the week and Fridays will be for what they have achieved during the week
If I am still working in a business company, I prefer to have a meeting every Mondays before the starting up the day. I used to do this before. I am sure that salesmen will be reminded with their sales commitments.
Post automatically merged:

It depends on the business owner though, i think if you want to hold a business meeting on a weekly basis, having it once a week should be very okay.
I agree that it depends what company that you are working with. They can set the meetings once a week, once a month, etc. We just need to follow the directives given by them.

Last edited:
Back