How much does it cost to open a medical store?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.950
Raw Dex
$0.045
I have noticed that there are lots of profit margins in selling medicines. We have a shop nearby our home who gives discount of 10-15% on MRP. They must be having a profit margin more than this.

I think it's a lucrative business but don't know how much money is required to start this business or open a medical shop. Anyone has an idea?

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.020
The business of selling medicine is actually profitable due to the fact that it has a higher profit margin. But the downside part of it is that it requires too many licences which are very expensive in my country.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Opening a medical store requires huge amount of money. You must first seek approval from the government. You must be a registered member of the medical association.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have noticed that there are lots of profit margins in selling medicines. We have a shop nearby our home who gives discount of 10-15% on MRP. They must be having a profit margin more than this.

I think it's a lucrative business but don't know how much money is required to start this business or open a medical shop. Anyone has an idea?
I dont have any idea about this, but sure its profitable Sanjeev. You want to plan to open it after retirement?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.803
It depends what country you are in. Before knowing this concern, you have to spend time to research how much are the medicines, the rental of the place, etc. The basic way to cover all these entities is to conduct a feasibility study.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
It is best to conduct a survey, face-to-face survey with owners of pharmacies. Know the possible capital of their providers or suppliers, business permit, and qualification of the person who likes to operate a business selling medicine.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.355
Before you open a medical store, of course you have to take care of business licensing, (depending on your country). Determine who your target consumers are, whether the general public, medical personnel such as doctors and midwives, clinics, etc. or both. You also have to find drug suppliers, both over-the-counter drugs or drugs that must be prescribed by a doctor.

After you have prepared the place/drug store and the equipment you need, you can order from drug suppliers, or you can contact the sales department of a drug company.

I don't know how much it costs to rent shops and equipment in your country, and I also don't know what types of drugs and prices your medical store will provide, so you have to do your own market research.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.800
There are a lot of factors to consider, such as whether your store is online or offline, if it is offline, where your store is located, how many drugs you have stored, etc.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Medicine store is not just a business anybody can do unless in a country where lawless is allowed. Medicine store requires qualifications and licenced in order to operate.

Back