How successful have you been using Upwork?

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I have just today started using Upwork, I have filled in all my profiles and set everything up, and have been looking into jobs available. I will admit, there are a lot of good jobs that fit my skills on there but it got me wondering how well some people do on Upwork and whether they have had a lot of success.

Have you used Upwork and how are you finding it?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
I joined upwork some time back i have not been able to get any gig, I don't know if i am doing something wrong there though or maybe how i set it is wrong.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Upwork is a great site but it is not always easy to get gigs especially if you are from third tier countries like Nigeria! Secondly as a newbie, it may not be easy to breakthrough the matrix because you don't have reputation.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.710
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, I have not used Upwork to get any work, I am a freelancer doing translation. I get my clients mainly through word of mouth and referrals. There are some freelancing sites which offer translation work. But it's not easy to get any job due to high competition and the payment rate is low.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
Upwork is a very great freelancing site over years. However the site is over loaded with a lot of freelancers and getting a job on there becomes so difficult for sure.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I joined upwork some time back i have not been able to get any gig, I don't know if i am doing something wrong there though or maybe how i set it is wrong.
It is because of your reputation. New users have little or no reputation on the website so it may be hard for them to get gigs especially when they are not updating their profile all the time

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I buy some seevices from Upwork I would say it's not bad it has peaple who are really good at their jobs I never had problem with it I haven't worked on it but it seems nice for those who have skills

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have been looking for who to teach me how to engage in the gigs in upwork and how to set my profile in a way that I would be getting enough gigs that fits my skill set but have not seen any for now and from what I hear is that upwork offers a lot of good paying jobs.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I buy some seevices from Upwork I would say it's not bad it has peaple who are really good at their jobs I never had problem with it I haven't worked on it but it seems nice for those who have skills
Upwork has made a lot of people rich too. Some people only work on that platform and they already have potential customers so it is a good platform to me

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
For me I have never worked in the Upwork freelancing website before. This is because I found difficult to work on the site without any skills in a matter of fact.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
For me I have never worked in the Upwork freelancing website before. This is because I found difficult to work on the site without any skills in a matter of fact.
Ooh I understand you but if you want to work on it, it will be advisable to learn a skill. Even if you cannot learn, just try to get gigs and you will give the job to someone who knows about it.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have just today started using Upwork, I have filled in all my profiles and set everything up, and have been looking into jobs available. I will admit, there are a lot of good jobs that fit my skills on there but it got me wondering how well some people do on Upwork and whether they have had a lot of success.

I have an account on upwork but until now I haven't made any task or work frommthere.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160

I have not had a gig there before and yet i am a consultant,what a cliche.The thing is that one needs to heavily advertise themselves if they are to start having some traction.I think i am going back there again to to promote my skills.Send a link to your profile there.

You can also do the same here,add your link on as many platforms as possible including your signature here.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.070
It sounds very good to join upwork and start working as a freelancer and earn a lot of money, but in reality it's very difficult to get work there. If you are serious then just focus on it and try to know each and everything about it then you may get jobs there.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.450
I was there like more than 10 years ago when I started research about online business. I made profile but enver apply or or offer since I didn't had any experience in anything. I was just student.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
It's good you have someone made you understand about it. It's actually important to have a coach.
This is why I always advise people to learn also have a mentor who will teach them everything they need to know because there are some kind of business is that you cannot do without the help of a mentor

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
For me I have never been successful in the Upwork. The reason behind this being I have no skillset on the most marketable tasks on there. Only the skilled make good money from the Upwork.

Back