How to deal with a disrespectful Boss

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some bosses can be very disrespectful but you need to look for a good way to handle it

start by Asking why. Find out if he is just having a bad day, and let it go

Always remain positive is not advisable to be rude to your boss. still shows some respecct.

Don't forget to learn and adapt to cope with the situation if you can.

There is always a reason why your boss will always be disrespectful and you should try as much as possible to avoid being in his line of sight whenever he is in that kind of mood. Do your job exactly when they are supposed to be done and go home.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am going through it. My boss is not good he shouts at people if the performance is not good. But that doesn't permit him to shout at people and say bad words. No one dares to speak against him.
I feel it will be better if you just try to note what he or she want and do not try to cross his or her path, the shouting and all may reduce when you do this

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It must be a hostile work place to work. Sad that such bosses get their way because of whatever reasons and no one steps in to curate it. It would be easier to say that quit the job, but I know it's not a pragmatic solution. One can not leave a job unless one finds another better one to replace it.
You should try to keep distance from such toxic people from work as much as you can. Their toxic behaviour can lead to mental stress and other issues in long run.
What about the HR department? Can they be brought in to picture to help??

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.295
The best course of action is to report the boss to the Human Resource Department. If the company has a grievance section, he or she can report directly to them.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.040
Raw Dex
$0.005
I have worked for a boss who was very hot tempered and impatient. He shouted at staff who made mistakes. The result was everybody tried to avoid him and not making suggestions to him. The staff turnover was also very high. I quit after working for the company for a short while.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Such a kind of boss would not have staff that are truly loyal to him. Some people tolerate by using headphones at work, some say they don't take the disrespectful things the boss says to mind.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
But seriously that's not easy to do. You can never neglect a boss. He will find any way to point out your faults/mistakes.
Probably, the boss is probably in charge of the business and there is nothing you can do. The best is to try as much as possible to conduct yourself within the business environment.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.520
My boss is not friendly, she is a snob type. Many do not like her. She seldom smiles. We do not know why she is like that and why she is not replaced with a friendly and accommodating one. One time I greeted her with "Good Morning" but never had she responded. I also never care. I have my own decision, but she messaged me and apologized. I never responded, to let her know I despised her attitude

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
The Truth of the matter is that you cant really do anything to him, after all he is your boss. The highest you might be able to do is politely say your mind about how he treats you or simply quit.

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If you feel comfortable, try to talk to your boss about their behavior and express how it is affecting you and If the situation is unbearable it may be time to consider finding a new job in a healthier work environment.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.460
Raw Dex
$0.050
If this happen it remain very crucial for a job because it could be regarded as the ultimate stress of a well settled job the boss is the main part of our jobs and if they turn into disrespectful then we remain in problem all time in our jobs there is no specific way to deal with the steps of people and finally It Ends on resignation from the present job.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people are good at reading people and managing with them with a cool and calm composure. They can be tricky in handling the tough boss. But then not everyone will be skilled to do so. It comes naturally to some.
However, if the situation is really bad, one can bring it to the notice of Human Resources.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the situation is too bad to an extent that you can not take any more, it is better to think of something else you can do to make money
That's what many would like to do, but not all can afford to.. Many are the bread earners and providers of the family. They have a lot of financial responsibilities and obligations. So, one is not able to step out unless one has another job or source of income in hand. Also, one is not sure if the next workplace will have a good boss.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's what many would like to do, but not all can afford to.. Many are the bread earners and providers of the family. They have a lot of financial responsibilities and obligations. So, one is not able to step out unless one has another job or source of income in hand. Also, one is not sure if the next workplace will have a good boss.
Thats true but I really depends on the work environment, the boss and his or her position in the company. If you is working directly with the boss, you can try to cross his path inorder to make it reduce

Back