I am a member of price council

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The recent surge in price of rice in my country had affected small rice retailers because the government had issued orders or price ceiling. Last week the chief of police approached me and asked when we will start the operation and apprehend violators. I am in a position of not willing to do it because it will result to a loss in income of businesses. They including me bought the supply at a high price and we cannot afford to lower down the prices as ordered by the national government.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.428
The soaring price of rice does not only happen in the Philippines. It is a problem worldwide. All nations in the world suffer inflation which is why all prices of commodities this time are expensive. But I saw on TV news, that rice sellers hoarded sacks of rice.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The recent surge in price of rice in my country had affected small rice retailers because the government had issued orders or price ceiling. Last week the chief of police approached me and asked when we will start the operation and apprehend violators. I am in a position of not willing to do it because it will result to a loss in income of businesses. They including me bought the supply at a high price and we cannot afford to lower down the prices as ordered by the national government.
The recent fluctuations in rice prices have indeed affected many of us here. It's a tough situation when the government issues price ceilings, as it can put pressure on small retailers and businesses like yours. I've heard similar concerns from fellow business owners in our area.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The recent fluctuations in rice prices have indeed affected many of us here. It's a tough situation when the government issues price ceilings, as it can put pressure on small retailers and businesses like yours. I've heard similar concerns from fellow business owners in our area.
The government is granting a one time subsidy but it's too small.They better crackdown the cartel. . Our retailers get them at high price from a wholesaler who get it from another wholesaler . There are so many exchanges that when it arrives at the retailer the price has been multiplied several times and since the lowly retailers are the frontliners they become the subject of crackdown.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.808
Most governments tend to do same. This becomes a blow to the entire economy of the country as the small businesses are always on steak with this situations for sure.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I thought this was only an issue in my country. Presently the cost of rice has skyrocket to the point where it has become extremely hard for the average individual to buy rice.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Yes, I have noticed that the price of rice has almost doubled in the large 3-4 years while the online income has declined to a great extent. Growing rice is very resource intensive.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.428
Let's better don't eat rice like how Chinese are doing. They seldom eat rice but in my country where the climate is extremely hot staple rice makes sense in revitalising people's energy. In my case, I can't live without eating rice.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.350
So you have your own business? This is great. Maybe you should remove those products from shell and not even sell it until you can start make money on it again.

henrytuedor

Unfamiliar
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can understand your position at this you are actually in a place where you can do nothing for the public but it is still good that you opened up about it only people who have great morals can do it , do not worry you will surely be able to benefit other people , keep trying

moseschidera

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This surge in rice price is everywhere now, not only rice I think foodstuff in generally has skyrocketed in price and there's nothing we can do about that if the root cause isn't dealt with.

Back