If you want to resign from a company for reasons of low salary, then suddenly the boss offers a raise, what decision do you choose to stay or quit?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Timer decide to continue the job as long as my boss has increase my salary or the salary in general because my main reason for wanting to leave the job is because of low salary
Usually, the reality on the ground is that bosses who only want to raise salaries with threats of employees resigning are bosses who are toxic and don't want to pay attention to employee welfare. So if we stay there will be more new assignments along with the increase in salary given.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Usually, the reality on the ground is that bosses who only want to raise salaries with threats of employees resigning are bosses who are toxic and don't want to pay attention to employee welfare. So if we stay there will be more new assignments along with the increase in salary given.
This is true but at the end of the day, they will not want the employee to go because they are enjoying his or her service and they will be left with no other choice than to increase the salary

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is true but at the end of the day, they will not want the employee to go because they are enjoying his or her service and they will be left with no other choice than to increase the salary
We might be able to try to survive while continuing to see, if in the future more and more assignments are given along with the increase in salary we get, and the environment becomes more toxic then I have no other choice but to resign.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would make that decision based on the length of time and struggle I had to endure to get that raise. Of it is a really long time, I would not stay as it would be long before another raise.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I have experienced working in a company, where my salary can be considered quite low. However, because I am a fresh graduate and have no experience, I still accept it just to gain experience.

However, after all this time, the salary has not increased, even though there are more and more tasks and they are not in accordance with the initial agreement. Until when I asked permission to resign, suddenly the boss offered a raise. But I still refused and still decided to resign, worried that I would not be sincere in raising my salary or being given a lot of additional assignments. What do you think?
If that's the only challenge I am facing at work at that point in time, I mean the low pay, After being offered an increase in salary then I will have to wait till the next month to see if things have really changed or I am just being used.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If that's the only challenge I am facing at work at that point in time, I mean the low pay, After being offered an increase in salary then I will have to wait till the next month to see if things have really changed or I am just being used.
That's right, I agree with you. Sometimes there is a type of boss who is cheating and selfish, he doesn't want to lose his best employees, keeps offering salary increases so employees don't resign. But at the same time the tasks are also increasing, not as usual. If so then it's better to back off.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's right, I agree with you. Sometimes there is a type of boss who is cheating and selfish, he doesn't want to lose his best employees, keeps offering salary increases so employees don't resign. But at the same time the tasks are also increasing, not as usual. If so then it's better to back off.
You have to find a way to decode if that is a ploy to keep a staff stuck in their organization. You can know if the increase comes within a specified period or if the boss commits to periodical raise after then.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well it all depends on how low the companies pay is because an increase in pay doesn't mean that the pay would be high
And it also depends on if I have a better paying job

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is a known fact that majority of the people will always want to quit a job because of low pay. ultimately, if the payment is raised, then I don't see any reason to leave the job.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
It is a known fact that majority of the people will always want to quit a job because of low pay. ultimately, if the payment is raised, then I don't see any reason to leave the job.
That's it, even the employer might have sensed the reason why you choose to leave and that might have prompted him to put forth an increase in salary just to make such person return back.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$1.730
If you were leaving the company for low salary and if the company raises the pay scale, I do not see any reason why you should be leaving your job.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.138
It is better to resign if deemed necessary. But make sure there is a ready job to replace the old.
Yes it would not make any sense if you resign and simply go back to not having a job. If you are still bent on resigning then make sure you have been able to secure a better paying job first before going.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
But before someone thinks of resigning for a poor pay, he or she most likely has a better offer somewhere else. I would resign unless the boss signs an agreement to be implementing periodic increments.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have experienced working in a company, where my salary can be considered quite low. However, because I am a fresh graduate and have no experience, I still accept it just to gain experience.

However, after all this time, the salary has not increased, even though there are more and more tasks and they are not in accordance with the initial agreement. Until when I asked permission to resign, suddenly the boss offered a raise. But I still refused and still decided to resign, worried that I would not be sincere in raising my salary or being given a lot of additional assignments. What do you think?
The reason why I am working for any business or company is because of the money they are paying me and if I wanted to resign because of low payment of salary and they suddenly increased that I don't have any other reason to resign.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
The reason why I am working for any business or company is because of the money they are paying me and if I wanted to resign because of low payment of salary and they suddenly increased that I don't have any other reason to resign.
That is also the reason why I am working at the moment but I will still resign after I have made a lot of money that will be enough for me to start a business on my own. That's my plan

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What if they add new tasks along with your salary increase, so that it will make you have a lot of tasks to complete and maybe it will also make you stress out because of it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
What if they add new tasks along with your salary increase, so that it will make you have a lot of tasks to complete and maybe it will also make you stress out because of it.
It will be very stressful to add more tasks to what you have been doing. This is why we see that one person does the job of two or more people in the company and it is very bad

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
That is also the reason why I am working at the moment but I will still resign after I have made a lot of money that will be enough for me to start a business on my own. That's my plan
It is always a very good decision for someone to have his or her own business because it is going to make you become self-sufficient fast.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
It is always a very good decision for someone to have his or her own business because it is going to make you become self-sufficient fast.
Having your own business is what to so many people should work on so that they will not spend the rest of their lives working for someone and having nothing to show off at the end of the day

henrytuedor

Unfamiliar
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
if you are respected and treated well then you should stay if you have a side hustle you can talk about some relaxation in timing of your duty and can utilize that i will continue if a company or firm treats me good i will continue to work as long as i can and make a name for myself indeed .

Back