Is chicken really expensive in your country/ area this xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Christmas is synonymous with celebration. And most households love to eat chicken meat as part of their celebrations. In my place, given our cost of living, chicken is very expensive. It is almost like a luxury. Is it same in your area?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.494
Our chicken prices here differ or according to kilo and size of the chicken. Per kilo here is 300 pesos $6 more or less. I bought 2 live chickens this day cheaper at 200 pesos a kilo but I'll be the one to dress therm. They'll be cooked for ' Noche Buena'.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.983
The price of chicken and other commodities are regulated in my country. The increase is not because of seasonal. The vendors will be punished if they do overpricing.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Chickens are very expensive in my areas now during this Xmas period. Average chicken goes for $7 - $15. This depends on sizes of that chickens and the areas.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.845
I don't think that Christmas celebration has any impact on the price of chicken in India. We have noticed an inflation in food prices this year. I think that has been a global thing with so much happening around the world. Chicken prices increased like other food items, but no effect due to Christmas. Majority of Indian population are Hindu. Many Hindu households that eat non veg also go vegetarian in the holy month of Sawan and Kartik. Sawan falls sometimes between July and August. Kartik month comes in October and November..When there is less demand, prices generally drop during these times.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Christmas is synonymous with celebration. And most households love to eat chicken meat as part of their celebrations. In my place, given our cost of living, chicken is very expensive. It is almost like a luxury. Is it same in your area?
We all know that chicken is always expensive in Nigeria whenever we are in the festive period because they may want to make so much money

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.845
It's strange that when it comes to other things like electronic gadgets, household items, dresses, apparels etc, the market is flooded with sales, discounts and other lucrative offers to lure more and more buyers. I wish it was the same case with food items too. But we the opposite happening. When the demand is high, the prices go high. Wish they would offer some discount on the price during festival so that many would be able to afford it and enjoy a good meal celebrating with friends and family.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's strange that when it comes to other things like electronic gadgets, household items, dresses, apparels etc, the market is flooded with sales, discounts and other lucrative offers to lure more and more buyers. I wish it was the same case with food items too. But we the opposite happening. When the demand is high, the prices go high. Wish they would offer some discount on the price during festival so that many would be able to afford it and enjoy a good meal celebrating with friends and family.
It is a pity that when demand for food rises, the price rise to force out those who are not privileged to have enough. It is the capitalist system that we are in.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.494
The price of chicken here varies according to size and kilo. It is also expensive but people still buy it because they are sued to eating chicken and it's also important for your body. I like to eat deep-fried chicken.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's the selling method in selling chicken by kilo. There are big chickens that weigh 2 kilos or more.
This money I went to price chickens for the Xmas celebration. Expectedly, the price is high at alarming rate. Anyway, I managed to just buy 2 for my family.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I just bought Eggs today and the price is increase, the seller said its because of Christmas and new years. He said maybe after new year celebration, the price is back to normal

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$2.090
Raw Dex
$3.323
I am eggetarian but I think yes it'll be expensive because it's winters now and also because of Christmas and new year it'll be expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back