Is having a watch repair shop gaining?

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I went to a watch repair to repair my new watch. Its strap is rubberized but so unlucky for its strap was stretched badly when it hit our French window. I was so shocked when the repair man charged me 250 pesos more or less $5. He just cut it then connect back. It took 10 minutes only. I realized it's a gaining business. The watch repair man as what he told me was trained. He said he has customers daily. Do you believe it's a gaining business? What can you say?
I dont think so, Erly. But so true there always customers daily, but i dont want to do this kind of business

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
Agree with it those watch repairer underwent trainings in TESDA in Philippines. There's a short course on watch repair.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
It's easier to look at time through a watch. It's also much better to watch time through a mobile phone unless the location is safe from snatchers who are just lurking in a corner waiting for a victim.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It could be gaining in some locations while it is not gaining in other locations. It is a Business that is considered by location.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A watch repair shop is a very lucrative business. The ones that are around me,. People troop in on a daily basis to have their watches fixed. The key here is to just know what you are doing.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
A watch repair shop is a very lucrative business. The ones that are around me,. People troop in on a daily basis to have their watches fixed. The key here is to just know what you are doing.
Also at my place, there is a watch repair shop and I see many people coming in and out for a repair and replacement of their watch strap or battery. I was there the other week for a battery replacement for my other watch. I was number 12.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
It is a good business but realistically speaking, I don't think it can be a standalone business. You can combine it with necklace cutting and jewelleries repairs. Or you can even sell watches too and jewelleries.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I went to a watch repair to repair my new watch. Its strap is rubberized but so unlucky for its strap was stretched badly when it hit our French window. I was so shocked when the repair man charged me 250 pesos more or less $5. He just cut it then connect back. It took 10 minutes only. I realized it's a gaining business. The watch repair man as what he told me was trained. He said he has customers daily. Do you believe it's a gaining business? What can you say?

That really depends on the kind of wristwatch that you are into its repair because if it does casual watches, you are not going to make anything good from the business.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
It is a good business but realistically speaking, I don't think it can be a standalone business. You can combine it with necklace cutting and jewelleries repairs. Or you can even sell watches too and jewelleries.
There are some kind of businesses that you need to combine with some other ones so that way will work hand-in-hand and earn you a lot of money. Focusing on just one may not make sense

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
Watch repair business is no longer as profitable as it used to be before now many people are not interested in wearing a wrist watch. So the need for repairs as reduced too.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know of people who have watch repair shops, but i do not really know how lucrative this is though. But i think it would be better to also sell watches as well.
In Nigeria, watch repairing business is very peculiar among the old Ag who are skillful in repairing analig clocks and wristwatches. Ever since innovation of telecommunication, most young adults dont go with wristwatch again but their mobile phones.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Watch repair business is no longer as profitable as it used to be before now many people are not interested in wearing a wrist watch. So the need for repairs as reduced too.
Some people are still doing it but the only way to make the business lucrative is if you sell wrist watch alongside repairing the wrist watch so that you will have more customers

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
That really depends on the kind of wristwatch that you are into its repair because if it does casual watches, you are not going to make anything good from the business.
That wristwatch was bought online for fancy šŸ˜. I noticed the watch repair man has many customers. His shop is stalled within the big public market and people can immediately locate his watch repair shop.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
These days solely operating a watch repair shop may not work as not people wear a wrist watch and you need to repair and sell other things too like calculator, tv/dth remotes etc.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
In Nigeria, watch repairing business is very peculiar among the old Ag who are skillful in repairing analig clocks and wristwatches. Ever since innovation of telecommunication, most young adults dont go with wristwatch again but their mobile phones.
True, but there are still some young adults who are into fashion, i think what they focus on these days are smart watches or apple washes. Though there are still some who are into the old classic watches.

Back