Is it fair to appoint a new business manager from outside the organization's staff?

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think one of the reasons business people do this is to avoid internal politics. When someone from outside comes into the managerial position he or she will be neutral.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think one of the reasons business people do this is to avoid internal politics. When someone from outside comes into the managerial position he or she will be neutral.
This is very true. Someone who has been there for a long time supposedly have loyalists and a faction. You avoid all the unnecessary wrangles that might bring by picking a fresh person that would not favour anyone.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$13.255
I think that is the discrimination of the highest degree. Appointing one of the existing employees to be the manager is a very great thing ever to do for sure.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.818
Is not bad to appoint a new manager in your business because ,business is not what you do with emotion when the current manager is not doing well you need to get a substitute to make it work out all you know is that it must work .
Exactly, its your business and you are doing it to make money, so if the current manager is not login up to your expectations, it would be best you find someone who would be able to live up to your expectations so the business does not fall.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's is not right to employ someone who's not a staff to be the manger reason being that the old staff are more acquainted with the work ethics and are more knowledgeable. The best thing to do is to polish them up for the position of a manager

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not possible to appoint someone in such position from outside of the staff of the organisation unless there is an application for the position after it was being vacant.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not possible to appoint someone in such position from outside of the staff of the organisation unless there is an application for the position after it was being vacant.
It is possible. Some business owners would go and bring someone that they know has the experience to come and take over the management of the organization. You can't even question him because that is his organization. B

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$13.255
It is possible. Some business owners would go and bring someone that they know has the experience to come and take over the management of the organization. You can't even question him because that is his organization. B
I think most business owners would prefer to take someone from a very unknown place to their organisation simply because they would like to see new faces on the management development.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
well as you said that the business owners do you sometime hire someone with experience to oversee such position in the organisation and the highlights of the topic is experienced person as that is what is needed for that position.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
well as you said that the business owners do you sometime hire someone with experience to oversee such position in the organisation and the highlights of the topic is experienced person as that is what is needed for that position.
In as much as experience is being needed, who is more experienced as far as that particular organization is concerned more than the staff that are already working there? But you can't question the business owner on how he or she decides to run his business.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In as much as experience is being needed, who is more experienced as far as that particular organization is concerned more than the staff that are already working there? But you can't question the business owner on how he or she decides to run his business.
There is what we call briefing and professionalism when you brief an experienced professional about the organisation they bring forth their best to see that everything is done accordingly in the organisation.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I an situation where the internal staff in a business organization have demonstrated that they are not suitable, it would be acceptable to appoint a manager from outside.
It may be the case that these internal staff have defrauded thus business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me, I think the decision makers must have a valid reason to bring someone from outside. Maybe they want someone that is very loyal and they can't find such a person among the staff.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.451
Raw Dex
$0.009
I don't think it is even professional to appoint a new manager in your business from outside. Will the outsider do better than the current manager is doing. it is to weigh the option right

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The most important thing is for you to hire the right person for the job irrespective of where the person is picked from because that is what matters and what will ensure the success of your business.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A business owner owes his staff no explanation on his choice of manager. They have to take decisions that they deem fit for the business so they can take responsibility for it if it goes south. If an outsider is deemed fit for the role, so be it.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
If there is no one in house who is qualified to do the job, I think it is a good idea to bring in a new professional who is experienced and qualified to fill the vacancy. S(he) can bring new ideas to the team.
That's right I agree with you. Because it is not easy to become a manager, so you need professional people to carry out this task. If indeed the company's employees do not have anyone deemed capable of holding the position, then there is nothing wrong with appointing a new manager from outside the company.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.818
Though it would not be fair for does that might have been in the office for years but what you are after is the growth of the business, and if an outsider can do a better job then so be it.
Post automatically merged:

Hiring a good business manager is extremely important for businesses to grow and develop very quickly.
Yes that's right, which is why it is extremely important you take extra care when it comes to finding the right manager for your business. If there is no one within the business qualified for it, it would be best you find someone else.

Last edited:
Back