Is it okay to argue with your boss?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.013
You are right mate, no need to argue unnecessarily with a boss they are put up there to supervise others . Definitely arguing with them will bring ridicule and fight ,

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$9.000
Raw Dex
$0.555
You are right mate, no need to argue unnecessarily with a boss they are put up there to supervise others . Definitely arguing with them will bring ridicule and fight ,
That's correct those who argue find it hard to retrieve on what they have said. It's good not to participate. In my workplace when the head calls for a sudden meeting and somewhat intriguing, I will not attend. Then I've learned that there were clashes and slight arguments because of the toxic attitudes of my colleagues.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Exactly, those who argue with their boss have strong intestines, good if the boss is open minded for he or she could understand but if not the arguer will be put under boiling water.

Some people don't just know when they are crossing the line all in the name of thinking that they are very smart and it's eventually going to cost them their job.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$9.000
Raw Dex
$0.555
Some people don't just know when they are crossing the line all in the name of thinking that they are very smart and it's eventually going to cost them their job.
Very well said, those arguers should have thought several times before arguing. They're put to a boiling water. The boss will have a bad feeling towards them and those arguers would also feel awkward to approach the boss for a request.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No matter how justified you are, it is unethical to argue with your boss. He can do and undo. He is the boss. Where there is any conflicting issue, there should be a diplomatic way to resolve it rather than arguing with him.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
Arguing with your boss is bad, but I feel that are some better ways you should be able to express your ideas or feels to your boss. You can going about explaining things in a polite manner that will be acceptable
I think it is fine to to argue in a professional way. I have not tried to do this because I am always calm dealing with my boss's flaws. If it happens, I am sure someone needs to go in between.

Ravenfreak

Complete Stranger
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I personally don't think it's a good idea to argue with your boss. Arguing can escalate to unprofessional shouting matches and can result in you getting suspended or even terminated from your job. I know one of my coworkers likes to stir the pot with my boss and is constantly complaining about things, however he's retiring soon so I guess he's at the point where he doesn't really care anymore.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.130
It is not out of place to have different views from your boss and expressing them. The issue is always how you express them. No matter how whack your boss's ideas might seem to be, he is your boss and he remains so.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It will be stupidity to argue with your boss. Every organization has its own rules of engagement. It's good to keep to them even if you're having issues with your boss. It keeps you safer.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.468
As far as I am concerned,l don't find it convenient to argue with the boss. This is because you are the one that you looked for the job and if you are not ready to take the job just pack and go.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's not a good thing to do. Argument does not provide a solution moreso doing that with your boss could pose a threat on your job so why not discuss instead of argue

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not out of place to have different views about a proposition but you have to know how to communicate with your boss. You can argue with your boss on a civil manner that would not seem as if you are challenging him or her.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.468
As far as I am concerned, I don't find it conveniently to argue with my boss at the workplace. This is because it doesn't show a good picture on the relationship between the workers and their bosses.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.888
There are times you simply need to just express yourself. Am not saying be rude to your boss, but try your very best to express yourself most times, not just accepting anything that comes your way.

Back