Is it safe to sell via social media?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Many people in my country sell on social media such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and so on. They advertise products there. If anyone is interested in buying the product, they ask to first transfer money to their account directly. What do you think, is a selling system like this safe and effective? How can we guarantee that the seller will not cheat us because there is no third party that guarantees transaction security?

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
I dont think it is unsafe to sell/buy things on social media these days. I know many of the shopkeepers who post about their products on the status of WhatsApp from where you enquire about.

You can always ask for cash on delivery to reduce the risk when you buy/sell a thing.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I dont think it is unsafe to sell/buy things on social media these days. I know many of the shopkeepers who post about their products on the status of WhatsApp from where you enquire about.

You can always ask for cash on delivery to reduce the risk when you buy/sell a thing.
I agree with you, even the marketplace is not safe from fraud even though transactions are through third parties, many sellers and buyers are naughty. But I've never experienced fraud when shopping through the marketplace, I always pay attention to store ratings first.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not always safe to sell the product or services by social media. When you will give advertisement for your product so many people will contact with you, some of them are good while some of them try to cheat you.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
@SHAHID987 that's the reason we should be very careful otherwise we may lose our money. I have seen few business owners that dont dispatch the product before they get the payment and the customer who pay once they receive the product.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
@SHAHID987 that's the reason we should be very careful otherwise we may lose our money. I have seen few business owners that dont dispatch the product before they get the payment and the customer who pay once they receive the product.
Yes, it's true, that's one way to avoid fraud. But unfortunately besides naughty buyers, there are also naughty sellers. So, you have to be very careful doing transactions via social media. I myself, when transacting through social media, always direct them to make transactions through the marketplace.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.973
It is not 100% safe to sell on social media. There are stupid people ordering and when the products arrived, they refused to pay. It is better to ket them sign an agreement of no return items.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not 100% safe to sell on social media. There are stupid people ordering and when the products arrived, they refused to pay. It is better to ket them sign an agreement of no return items.
Yes, I myself am not interested in selling on social media, and prefer selling on the marketplace. Because in the marketplace there are third parties who guarantee security and smooth transactions.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.973
Yes, I myself am not interested in selling on social media, and prefer selling on the marketplace. Because in the marketplace there are third parties who guarantee security and smooth transactions.
There are prospective buyers in a market area than in online. Others just make a fun of the sellers. They don't know the sacrifices made by the entrepreneurs.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are prospective buyers in a market area than in online. Others just make a fun of the sellers. They don't know the sacrifices made by the entrepreneurs.
In the marketplace, sometimes there are frauds, but none of that will happen if the buyers and sellers are careful. Several people have asked my WhatsApp contact for transactions outside the application, I am not willing to give it. Because I'm afraid they are bad people who have bad intentions towards me.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
There are prospective buyers in a market area than in online. Others just make fun of the sellers. They don't know the sacrifices made by entrepreneurs.

That's the normal behavior of the buyers on the site. Sadly, some people don't understand how much loss they are going to cause to the supplier by their this behavior. They feel fun doing this.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's the normal behavior of the buyers on the site. Sadly, some people don't understand how much loss they are going to cause to the supplier by their this behavior. They feel fun doing this.
Sometimes there are people who have a strange mindset, they don't want to know and don't care about the consequences of what they do. They like to do evil and harm other people, somehow they can think like that.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.973
We also can't blame them because the merchants deliver fake items. I exist this last week the celfon I bought was fake. I learned it after I paid and the seller cannot be reached.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not always safe. Once there is no in between, you are playing with fire. This one of the reason online business is prone to scam. The best way to buy goods from online stores is to make that the seller have verifiable profile..

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Many people in my country sell on social media such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and so on. They advertise products there. If anyone is interested in buying the product, they ask to first transfer money to their account directly. What do you think, is a selling system like this safe and effective? How can we guarantee that the seller will not cheat us because there is no third party that guarantees transaction security?
Its understandable to have concerns about safety when making transactions directly with a seller on social media while it can be convenient, its important to take precautions to avoid getting scammed. One way to minimize risks is to research the seller and check for reviews or feedback from previous buyers.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Its understandable to have concerns about safety when making transactions directly with a seller on social media while it can be convenient, its important to take precautions to avoid getting scammed. One way to minimize risks is to research the seller and check for reviews or feedback from previous buyers.
Now the reviews are faked a lot. They make fake orders, through their friends, and make good reviews. So it's important to keep an eye on the bad ratings, if the bad ratings outweigh the good ratings, then leave the seller like this.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
Yes we cannot totally trust the reviews, there are mixed reviews for any thing on the sites these days. It's hard to believe them, one should see the actual product before buying it.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes we cannot totally trust the reviews, there are mixed reviews for any thing on the sites these days. It's hard to believe them, one should see the actual product before buying it.
Therefore, for buying and selling online, people prefer to pay using the Cost On Delivery method, which is to pay directly via courier in cash when the goods arrive at their home.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
And sometimes they even after paying cash on delivery they get cheated as they don't open the packaging at that time and when they open they find something else what they ordered.

Back