Is it safe to sell via social media?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
And sometimes they even after paying cash on delivery they get cheated as they don't open the packaging at that time and when they open they find something else what they ordered.
From the marketplaces that I know, Tokopedia, Lazada, and Shopee. There is a return of goods and funds feature, which can be used when the goods do not match the order. But it must include video evidence of package unboxing.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.805
My experience buying goods on the marketplace is also a lot of fraud, like buying item A, I received item B, which has no price. In fact, it's safer on social media, because buyers and sellers already know each other, especially Whatsapp and Facebook, many successful traders, even buyers have reached Hong Kong and Taiwan and other countries.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My experience buying goods on the marketplace is also a lot of fraud, like buying item A, I received item B, which has no price. In fact, it's safer on social media, because buyers and sellers already know each other, especially Whatsapp and Facebook, many successful traders, even buyers have reached Hong Kong and Taiwan and other countries.
I often buy things from the marketplace, so far it's been safe. There has never been any fraud. Because I'm always keen to see store ratings, especially the bad ratings. If there are many bad ratings I will leave the store.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Nothing is 100% safe online so selling on social media will not be an exception. There are people ordering products and refusing to pay. It is to be careful with buyers

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
Facebook seems to be one of the more popular places to earn online, I see a lot of people advertising electric goods, furniture, and such that they no longer need to earn a little and also help someone out. I wouldn't say that it is unsafe to sell and buy through Facebook or even online but you do need to be very careful when you sell and buy online as some people can and will scam people and it has been known to happen.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
It is safe to sell on social media. If they order, get the payment first thru a credit card or at any means of payment to avoid returning your product which you already capitalized.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.995
Nowadays it's not safe to selling on the social media networks. This is because most people nowadays have reverted to the paid ads as engagements on the social networks are reducing drastically.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
buying stuffs from social media can be very unsafe because they are a lot of scammers out there. But It can be safe if you know the vendor well or maybe you are referred by a friend

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
The truth of the matter is that there are scammers everywhere. Even when you sell offline, there have still cases of people getting scammed. Making sales online is effective but you simply need yo be careful to avoid being scammed.

Back