Is Politics A Business or Profession ?

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
In a corrupt country, it is a business but in a decent country, it is a noble profession. In Nigeria, all politicians are actually in a booming business, stealing our collective wealth for their selfish aggrandizement.
I agree with you. Unfortunately, in most countries, it is considered a business but it should not be. Politicians should work only for their country and their people.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would think of it neither a profession or a business. Politicians invest money during election through vote buying because they believe they can recover their investment once they win. It's more of gambling than any other. Once in power they again loot the coffers.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
if I really think and stick to what politicians do in my country I would say that it is a business and I do not think I was wrong, but I speak in terms of my country and the EU so in other countries they can be otherwise and act more ethically and be a reputed profession
It's not just your country. Some countries are worse than yours. Politics is now taken to be business as leaders are just after how to make profits and remain in the game just as real businesses do.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I like this question, is politics a profession or a business? I think it depends on the intention on how one should go to politics. But sad to say, that here in our country most politicians are into political dynasties protecting their own set of business.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.860
There is a reason Forbes don't include politicians when making the list of rich people. Even with the money they have, it is believed that they didn't really have to work for their wealth.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a reason Forbes don't include politicians when making the list of rich people. Even with the money they have, it is believed that they didn't really have to work for their wealth.
Yes most if them looted money or gave themselves opportunities to gain so much wealth at the expense of citizens who elected them into office to better their welfare.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
It's not just your country. Some countries are worse than yours. Politics is now taken to be business as leaders are just after how to make profits and remain in the game just as real businesses do.
I do not doubt that in other countries the same thing happens or they are even worse, but I can not speak for them because I only know the politics that is made in my country and in the neighboring countries that is the one I have lived, in general politics today is more corrupt than ever.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Politics is more of a profession than business. Even though there are some elected officers that always use politics in business in order to gain financial favours from business people.

Back