Is Team Building Really Building the Team?

There is no "I" in team but there is an A-hole in it.

Literally, the term A-hole means that word for me. Yes, we can see that hole in the letter A. However, if we come to think of it, there are people in the team who are the black sheep. It is difficult for the team leader or the manager to manage the team if there is no cooperation.

For the business to grow, we should also focus on team members. After concentrating on the customers experience, time to also show care to the people who serve as the frontliners in the business - the team members.

The question is, is team building will really help build the team :
- build the team cooperation
- build the team spirit
- build the team confidence
And many others.

Team building should build the team if done properly. There are team buildings that only focus on partyz food and fun. How about injecting, team building to train while having fun. There should be that business talks to give them the chance to see themselves successful in the company.

After the team building, there should always be follow throughs. If no follow throughs, members cannot assess themselves whether they are growing or not.

If you plan to have team building, makes to not only give the mindset that it is all about the food and the fun. But to tell them that they are into something challenging! Set the tone.

Last edited:
Team building do has its own importance and it required real team building without any hole and without any black sheep, on the other hand the team will collapse one day.
At least they build strong foundation so even it will collapse on them, they have chance to rebuild using the same foundation.
At some point, it is a good way to be connected and acquainted with the others. If the activities for the team, then they will know the importance of teamwork in the process.
The principles of teamwork should also be discussed. Maybe part of the team building is the activity they can do to strengthen the bond.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.018
Team building is ment to build the team, unless its not done properly. If the team cannot work properly then there would be lots of errors and mistakes along the line.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Team building is ment to build the team, unless its not done properly. If the team cannot work properly then there would be lots of errors and mistakes along the line.

I think that team building also involves co-operation between members of the team. They cannot become a great team if they do not co-operate with each other and blame each other.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.665
Definitely it does. In my previous company that I worked with we use to work together as a team. Actually I found it worthy and really built the unity of the workers for the company.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Definitely it does. In my previous company that I worked with we use to work together as a team. Actually I found it worthy and really built the unity of the workers for the company.

This is one of the most important thing for many people, especially those people who want to make sure that their team performs well under all circumstances. Unity in a team is quite important.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think that it is indeed important to build the team if you want to gain success. Team building helps your business a lot.
This is actually why most people who are into one man business struggle at the long run because they have everything being attended to by only them which sometimes they might not have the time to do everything right.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.600
Raw Dex
$0.180
Team building is really vital for the wellbeing of the organization there's nothing as good as people working as a team a lot will be achieved as people will keep being in oneness

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
There is no "I" in team but there is an A-hole in it.

Literally, the term A-hole means that word for me. Yes, we can see that hole in the letter A. However, if we come to think of it, there are people in the team who are the black sheep. It is difficult for the team leader or the manager to manage the team if there is no cooperation.

For the business to grow, we should also focus on team members. After concentrating on the customers experience, time to also show care to the people who serve as the frontliners in the business - the team members.

The question is, is team building will really help build the team :
- build the team cooperation
- build the team spirit
- build the team confidence
And many others.

Team building should build the team if done properly. There are team buildings that only focus on partyz food and fun. How about injecting, team building to train while having fun. There should be that business talks to give them the chance to see themselves successful in the company.

After the team building, there should always be follow throughs. If no follow throughs, members cannot assess themselves whether they are growing or not.

If you plan to have team building, makes to not only give the mindset that it is all about the food and the fun. But to tell them that they are into something challenging! Set the tone.
Simple building is very necessary if you want your business to go far but you should make sure that your team members are goal getters.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.600
Raw Dex
$0.180
They can't be any team building if others are not willing to join to make it a formidable team. So if one needs to be in a team there must be networking.

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Teambuilding in my country does not help build a team. Yes we can have teambuilding activities but it end there. Once you get back to the office there is no team work. You still have people who don't want to work as a team, we also have bosses that treat employees unfairly and we still have meetings that don't really help employees but are only there to scare employees from stating their opinions and disagreeing with the bosses.

Back