Is there a royalty fee for book authors after the succeeding publications?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
15% royalty fee is not small. It is lifetime and with surety fr there is a Memorandum of Agreement and the price of the book is higher compared to online. The publishing house, published million copies of books, Just compute 1 million times 790 pesos worth of book per copy.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In all, I believe self publishing is just the best. You control all the revenue that comes from your book. You review and republish your book at regular intervals. Just pay a little thing to Amazon.
In my country, we have a small publisher who helps an unknown author to publish their books, they have packages for this thing like when you want to make 1000 copies, they have promotional prices for that and you can control your prices or make an agreement with this small publisher.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
For those authors in your community, what do you observe to your friends or relatives who authored a book, were they given a royalty fee by the book publishers after the succeeding publications? If not, you have to tell them to draft a memorandum of agreement regarding the lifetime royalty of 15% of the total sales of the books published by a bookstore.
My cousin is an author and he gets a royalty fee from the publishers every time his books are sold. He said that he agreed on the percentage with the publishers before he signed the contract He said that 15% is a reasonable rate for lifetime royalty.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
My cousin is an author and he gets a royalty fee from the publishers every time his books are sold. He said that he agreed on the percentage with the publishers before he signed the contract He said that 15% is a reasonable rate for lifetime royalty.
That's the picture of authorship and publications on our country. There is royalty fee. It's the publishing house to publish and dispose the books nationwide with the publishing house branches just like Rex Bookstore and National Bookstore.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is true that 15% for a lifetime is a good deal. I think the author would still get increment as the price increases. That's the reason writing a good book can give you generational passive income.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
It is true that 15% for a lifetime is a good deal. I think the author would still get increment as the price increases. That's the reason writing a good book can give you generational passive income.
What is good is the author won't spend a single centavo in the book publishing. It will be shouldered by the publishing house. The book author just wait and see for the proceeds and his 15 % royalty fee.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
15% royalty fee is not small. It is lifetime and with surety fr there is a Memorandum of Agreement and the price of the book is higher compared to online. The publishing house, published million copies of books, Just compute 1 million times 790 pesos worth of book per copy.
Okay, if the amount is higher then I think it is good. But I am just trying to compare it with 70% that Amazon offers.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Does amazon offer this 70% including promotion stuff? @Chibson Because a marketing campaign for a book is not big like any other business right? (correct me if I'm wrong), if Amazon included it, that's so huge

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Does amazon offer this 70% including promotion stuff? @Chibson Because a marketing campaign for a book is not big like any other business right? (correct me if I'm wrong), if Amazon included it, that's so huge
No, you will be the one to promote your book. Amazon only takes 30% if you are able to make any money from the book you publish on their platform.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
Okay, if the amount is higher then I think it is good. But I am just trying to compare it with 70% that Amazon offers.
Amazon offers 70% off, which is huge but I doubt if many like to buy a book via Amazon. I still prefer a publishing house for they published books in million of copies and buyers are at stake, the schools, colleges, and universities. It is also the publishing house that does the second editing before publishing in volume for deliveries

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Amazon offers 70% off, which is huge but I doubt if many like to buy a book via Amazon. I still prefer a publishing house for they published books in million of copies and buyers are at stake, the schools, colleges, and universities. It is also the publishing house that does the second editing before publishing in volume for deliveries
Not everyone who publishes a book on Amazon will succeed. You need some level of knowledge and consistency to be successful.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Publishing houses are always ripping authors off and still making the authors feel that they are being favoured.
The days have gone. Now, it is not easy to ripe authors like before because they are parameters in place that makes it quite difficult. Now, a lot of organizations are checking the sales data on daily basis.
Post automatically merged:

There are thousands of online self published authors that have sold more copies both in electronic format and physical format. In fact, Amazon is better option for newbies in publishing books.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
There's a royalty fee for a book author if it's the publishing company to edit, print, hardbound the books and sell to different schools if the book is a textbook or workbook.

Back