Luxury Watches, Investment or Collection?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Currently, watches are not only used as timepieces and accessories, but many rich people collect luxury watches or use them as investment instruments. Of course, the way to manage this luxury watch is very different from how to manage investment instruments in general, such as stocks, crypto mutual funds, etc. Luxury watches will show the economic level and social strata. Many luxury watch brands like Omega, Cartier, Breitling, Rolex, Panerai, Patek Philippe, IWC, Cartier, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger-LeCoultre etc.

Watching luxury watches is a hobby, and prices can be unpredictable, depending on the buyer. It doesn't have market value, whereas if we need emergency money even though it can be sold at luxury watch shops but at a cheaper price. So we only expect capital gains from buyers who have a hobby of collecting luxury watches. What do you think.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
Yes, there are people who collect luxury watches as a hobby or for investment. Some brands like Rolex watches always have resale value. If you plan to collect luxury watches to make money, you have to understand the resale value of each brand in the market.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Yes, there are people who collect luxury watches as a hobby or for investment. Some brands like Rolex watches always have resale value. If you plan to collect luxury watches to make money, you have to understand the resale value of each brand in the market.
You are right, luxury watches often have a higher resale value, so we will make a profit on the difference in the purchase price. Besides we have to understand our resale value, we also need to do brand research, watch models, advantages and uniqueness.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.870
If you intend to sell, buying luxury watches can be an investment. However, if you are buying just for passion and a hobby, it is a collection and not an investment.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
It depends on your motive though. There are so many persons who buy these watches and even other things like cars and the likes simply as their collection, while there are others who buy them for business.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Currently, watches are not only used as timepieces and accessories, but many rich people collect luxury watches or use them as investment instruments. Of course, the way to manage this luxury watch is very different from how to manage investment instruments in general, such as stocks, crypto mutual funds, etc. Luxury watches will show the economic level and social strata. Many luxury watch brands like Omega, Cartier, Breitling, Rolex, Panerai, Patek Philippe, IWC, Cartier, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger-LeCoultre etc.

Watching luxury watches is a hobby, and prices can be unpredictable, depending on the buyer. It doesn't have market value, whereas if we need emergency money even though it can be sold at luxury watch shops but at a cheaper price. So we only expect capital gains from buyers who have a hobby of collecting luxury watches. What do you think.
One must really be rich if he buy expensive timepieces. Aside from the cost of the watch, battery for these watches are also expensive. It is also hard to dispose watches so I would rather buy jewelries.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
One must really be rich if he buy expensive timepieces. Aside from the cost of the watch, battery for these watches are also expensive. It is also hard to dispose watches so I would rather buy jewelries.
Yes, you are right, the main target for luxury watch buyers is the rich and upper class such as lawyers, accountants, doctors, influencers, celebrities etc. Luxury watches are not only fashion but also show the prestige and appearance of the wearer.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, you are right, the main target for luxury watch buyers is the rich and upper class such as lawyers, accountants, doctors, influencers, celebrities etc. Luxury watches are not only fashion but also show the prestige and appearance of the wearer.
I agree it dresses up the person. But there are fake watches. My boss gave me a gucci watch before but there were many imitation that sometimes you can hardly tell if it's original lol. I bought a MK watch for almost 300 dollars 7 years ago but I see a lot online selling at less than 20 dollars.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
If you intend to sell, buying luxury watches can be an investment. However, if you are buying just for passion and a hobby, it is a collection and not an investment.
I also see it as an investment because the price will increase after years but the disadvantages that they will release new designs of watches and people may not like the old one that you have bought

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
Rather buy gold and wait price jump. I didn't hear anybody buy watch as investment. Maybe if you will try resell it for higher price. Maybe some special editions are more worth with time.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Rather buy gold and wait price jump. I didn't hear anybody buy watch as investment. Maybe if you will try resell it for higher price. Maybe some special editions are more worth with time.
This is one of the best investments ever and I have also noticed that a lot of people even prefer to invest in gold because they know that it will continue to appreciate

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I also see it as an investment because the price will increase after years but the disadvantages that they will release new designs of watches and people may not like the old one that you have bought
Some designs may look old fashioned and will no longer appeal to the market. Moneyed people will buy the latest designs.

Back