Recycling cans gets you cash

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country when you collect cans and take them to the recycling center you get paid. They weigh your cans and pay you depending on how much your cans make. Mostly people collect cans on weeknds and recycle them on Mondays. Mostly they makes anywhere between $100 and $200. Does this happen in your country too?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.170
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country when you collect cans and take them to the recycling center you get paid. They weigh your cans and pay you depending on how much your cans make. Mostly people collect cans on weeknds and recycle them on Mondays. Mostly they makes anywhere between $100 and $200. Does this happen in your country too?
Yes it happens here too. if you get some cans here you can go sell them but the money made are always very small

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We only sell them to the junkstore but the price is very small so nobody minds it. What happens is they throw them along with the garbage and it's the scavengers who collects them and bring them to the junkshop.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
No, this certainly does not happen in my country, there is no incentive for recycling, but I saw that in countries like Japan beggars spend the day looking for cans and containers to recycle them for an economic reward.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$2.695
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, it doesn't happen here, usually, the cans are sold to the junk dealers here and one gets very little money through it. That is the reason people throw plastic cans on the roads or public places, I wish here too such centres are opened so that people recycle them and don't throw the trash cans on the roads.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Oregon USA there is a 10 cent deposit on each can or bottle and they have Bottle Drops to automate refunding them to make it easy. I met a guy while I was waiting at one that had several huge plastic bags full of beer cans, so I jokingly asked if he drank all those. He said he had a route of farmers barns that let him pick up all the empties and clean the place up and he was making $3,000 USD a month from his route.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.000
I have not seen anyone who buys cans here. However, there are some people do their DIYs to sell them, such as donation boxes, coins banks, etc. It is how they were done here.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, it doesn't happen here, usually, the cans are sold to the junk dealers here and one gets very little money through it. That is the reason people throw plastic cans on the roads or public places, I wish here too such centres are opened so that people recycle them and don't throw the trash cans on the roads.
There is your Golden Goose sitting right in front of you. Do a little research on Oregon's plan that has been working for many years, that has resulted in no longer having streets and highways litered with empty cans looking like one big trash dump. Then petition your local leaders to adopt a similar plan for your community. The door will be open for you to seize the moment.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is one of the businesses that the poor people in my country do because it hardly see someone who is learned that engages in this kind of business
That may be true, but the learned ones who truly believe in remaining debt free and the blessings that can bring to your life, will not hesitate to click a few faucets to earn a few Satoshi to grease the wheels with.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
It is one of the businesses that the poor people in my country do because it hardly see someone who is learned that engages in this kind of business
Recycling is wonderful because we protect the environment in this way. It is great that we can also earn some money through it. I agree with you that mainly the poor do this business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.883
Its nice though, its like you killing two birds with one stone. While you are making money from it, you are also making the environment clean as well. Though you might not get rich from this but it's definitely a good way to make money.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The people that scavenge for these used cans are usually not well paid. The real people that make money from recycling are those big companies that do the actual recycling.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.090
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am not sure if people buy cans in my location. But there's a big retail chain here which sells bottled water (it's just one of their products). They offer customers US$0.10 for every bottle returned for recycling. I think this is a good initiative.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$8.215
In my country that business is not very profitable as I see many people who are collecting the used cans and bottles are selling them to the people at relatively very cheap prices that is not worthy the time.

Back