Running a business with a Sibling

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.033
I would rather avoid it. In as much as I would love to do a business with a sibling, there won't be that mutual respect you would get from a business partner. And that's not good for business.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$4.550
I don't mind running a business with a sibling. Even when your sibling cheats on you, it will not be a great issue after all he/she is your blood and bone.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
The answer to this mainly depends on the kind of siblings you have. If you you are sure your siblings are matured enough to do business with and there would be no issue, i do not see any reason why you shouldn't go for it. Though in most cases running a business with siblings and family members usually cause trouble most times.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.040
Raw Dex
$0.088
I think that depends on your relationship with your sibling. If you have a good relationship and trust each other, there is no problem co-owning a business. That said, there should be a mutual understanding of the common goal, each other's responsibilities, profit sharing. When disagreement occurs, discuss the matter frankly.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$3.373
I would not do that. It's easier to settle any issues you have with a stranger than with family members. Sometimes, the problem can even affect your relationship with other family members.
You said it right. I would rather have a stranger to be in business with. Having a business with a family can create a big issue. It happens in the real world that family members turned against each other because of the family business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.033
It takes siblings who really understand the core of business to be able to do business together and there would be no issues. That's because siblings relationships is majorly powered by sentiments.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.080
Raw Dex
$0.003
You can do that provided you can easily settle any issues you have with the person to avoid family feud though sometimes family members or siblings can be a pain in the ass.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
In my milk tea business, it is my sister that does the cashiering. It is safer to hire our own sibling than outsiders because money is tempting. I do not have a problem with my sister, she lists down all the sales.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do you think it is wise to start or run a business with a sibling. Considering some issues with money involved in businesses. Do you think it's okay to start one with a sibling?
There is nothing bad with running a business with your siblings at all for the only thing you need to do is know the kind of person your sibling in particular is and how they think then you know if you are to entrust the business into their care or not. Though we will never take the fact that there are some that tried it and it failed but many are running businesses with their sibling and it is the best thing as the business keeps growing and no matter what they share profits and cry together when there's a loss.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.690
For me I am very much okay with that. A sibling is a person just like any other and I have seen many family owned companies excelling in business so to say.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do you think it is wise to start or run a business with a sibling. Considering some issues with money involved in businesses. Do you think it's okay to start one with a sibling?
It is not business wise to run a business with siblings. At the start, it may proved worthwhile but as time goes on, problem would surface. Proper monitoring and discipline would be lacked. Family influences would also affect decision making.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

I don't see anything wrong with running a business with your brother as long as you people have the same business mindset and goals.

Back