Should a business owner be in charge of the business account?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have a staff in my business that is in charge of money. She keeps account of income and disburses my salary. I took this measure to make me keep my eyes from business money and refrain from spending it. Do you think it is a good approach?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.720
Raw Dex
$0.008
Yes it all depends on the person and the company. if you can't keep money yourself then employ someone better but if not then keep it yourself. it's a lot better.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes it all depends on the person and the company. if you can't keep money yourself then employ someone better but if not then keep it yourself. it's a lot better.
Right, I totally agree with you. Sometimes a business owner can't take care and manage his money properly, so he needs to hire employees who can be trusted. There is nothing wrong, as long as the employee was honest in carrying out his responsibilities.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.900
Raw Dex
$0.050
I have very small business so I take all control over account section. I personally don't involve anyone to see the account position, others are doing their jobs and getting timely salaries.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have very small business so I take all control over account section. I personally don't involve anyone to see the account position, others are doing their jobs and getting timely salaries.
That's true, I agree with you. Some business owners prefer to manage their own accounts. As you do, it is a good thing. As long as he can manage it well.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it depends on you knowing the kind of person that you are. If you know you are not disciplined with money, please let someone else manage the business funds.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As a business person, I handover my business account to be managed by my sister. That's because she is prudent with money. I am not a very good funds manager.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have a staff in my business that is in charge of money. She keeps account of income and disburses my salary. I took this measure to make me keep my eyes from business money and refrain from spending it. Do you think it is a good approach?

Yes of course, it's the best thing to do when it comes to being the one who manages your business account. If you have a good business manager, you can give him or her access to the account.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.993
In my view, the business owner needs to know the financial part of his or her business. Although the financial concern can be handled by an accounting firm, which we did before.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
I think this is a great idea. However you should use the person that you trust so much. Nowadays most people are not trustworthy and that can result to losses of your business if not handled very careful.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes of course, it's the best thing to do when it comes to being the one who manages your business account. If you have a good business manager, you can give him or her access to the account.
Business manager? I can't do that. Those guys can easily throw away morality and run away with your money. I think a prudent family member is best.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.770
Raw Dex
$0.043
It is a good idea to have an accountant to take care of the finance of the company. The business owner can focus on developing the business. That said, the accountant must be a trustworthy and reliable person. And financial reports should be submitted to the business owner on a monthly basis. If possible, the owner should also employ the service of an auditor to counter check the work of the accountant.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
He would definitely know the financial part as every transaction is reported to him. He doesn't just manage the money.
In my view, the business owner needs to know the financial part of his or her business. Although the financial concern can be handled by an accounting firm, which we did before.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.993
I think this is a great idea. However you should use the person that you trust so much. Nowadays most people are not trustworthy and that can result to losses of your business if not handled very careful.
I agree. It happens to our family business before. My old man asked his younger brother to stay and check the business as much as possible. For not being concerned, he let the secretary uses the bank checks without any approval.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's the danger of lt all. it must be someone that you trust. If not, the person would see it as weakness and use it to clear your account.
I agree. It happens to our family business before. My old man asked his younger brother to stay and check the business as much as possible. For not being concerned, he let the secretary uses the bank checks without any approval.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have full control over the finances, I do not allow another person to work on the finance department as I am afraid of embezzlement. I also avoid using my business money as my personal income

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.900
It is a good approach if the person doesn't trust anyone. This is normal

Back