Should a staff forgo outstanding salary when resigning?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
In my opinion, this is unfair and inhumane. After all, the salary that has not been paid is the employee's right, if it is not paid just for the reason of resigning then it is an evil and unjust act. But indeed there are some companies that stipulate penalties that must be paid by employees who leave before the completion of the work contract. I don't know I can't stop thinking.
It is a big NO in my country to do this by the companies. If they do, they will be in a difficult situation. The rule of thumb is they will hold the salary for a month after the date of resignation, before he or she can have it.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
I agree with you, no body should be denied their full pay as long as one met all the requirements and condition that should allow one resign successfully in any company

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Yesh nothing is normal with one not getting paid after resigning. no body should be denied their full pay as long as one met all the terms of resignation at least

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is all about the method of resigning. If it is just a sudden resignation, the staff won't be paid a dime. If it is a well planned and well explained resignation that affords the company time, the staff would still be paid his last salary.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I heard that when a staff wants to resign from an organization, he/ she must forgo all outstanding salaries that the company owes him or her.

I think that is not fair. What do you think?
This would be acceptable from a legal standing only if, at the time of being recruited, the member of staff signed an agreement stating that he/she would have to cede any outstanding salary when submitting a resignation letter.
Even so, a person can find legal grounds for suing the relevant company as such condition contravenes the right of an employee.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This would be acceptable from a legal standing only if, at the time of being recruited, the member of staff signed an agreement stating that he/she would have to cede any outstanding salary when submitting a resignation letter.
Even so, a person can find legal grounds for suing the relevant company as such condition contravenes the right of an employee.
The other challenge is that most employees don't even know their rights. Some of them just accepted some jobs out of desperation and they don't even have terms of contract. That is why they can be abused by employers.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
I don't think it is advisable to do that especially if you have worked previously for it. You just have to stay back to get your money before resigning out

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, a staff should not forgo his outstanding salaries when he's resigning. In order to prevent against this, it is expected for a worker to give atlrast 3 months notice of resignation which would enable both parties to have iron out any outstanding issues such as salary arrears. A member of staff could not just tender his resignation letter and go.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
For me when a staff resigns, they must have followed the rules and regulations before submitting the resignation letter. Failure to do that they can forfeit their working salaries lawfully.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, a staff should not forgo his outstanding salaries when he's resigning. In order to prevent against this, it is expected for a worker to give atlrast 3 months notice of resignation which would enable both parties to have iron out any outstanding issues such as salary arrears. A member of staff could not just tender his resignation letter and go.
That's right I agree with you. After all, employee salaries are a debt for the company that must still be paid. So, both must be wise, both employees and companies. Employees give some time notice before resigning, so the company has time to find new employees. The company is also wise not to hinder or make it difficult for employees who want to resign.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's right I agree with you. After all, employee salaries are a debt for the company that must still be paid. So, both must be wise, both employees and companies. Employees give some time notice before resigning, so the company has time to find new employees. The company is also wise not to hinder or make it difficult for employees who want to resign.
Some companies actually stand in the way of a resigning staff. Some would refuse to sigh the recommendation from your current workplace. It is not easy to lose a staff though.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
No one or staff should forgo the outstanding salaries. You would be dashing your boss money when you resign and not get your pay. You worked for it so get your pay

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I heard that when a staff wants to resign from an organization, he/ she must forgo all outstanding salaries that the company owes him or her.

I think that is not fair. What do you think?
Actually, this isn't fair, that's cruel on staff , that's the reason why most workers always make sure they wait till month end and have received their salary before resigning from the job to avoid issues like this.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some companies actually stand in the way of a resigning staff. Some would refuse to sigh the recommendation from your current workplace. It is not easy to lose a staff though.
That's right I agree with you. Some companies do prevent staff from resigning. He even implemented a very high penalty penalty, which employees must pay to the company if they want to continue to resign before the completion of the work contract.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
For me i feel it mainly depends on the staff in particular. If they want to let it go then there is no problem in that, but the truth of the matter is that they worked for it so they deserve it.

This is something that I will completely agree to because I know some people who can easily leave the salary and walk away while there are some people that will make sure that they get the last of what they are owed.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that as long as you met all the requirements and condition that should allow you to resign successfully in any company, they are bound to pay your outstanding salaries.
There are conditions to be met when a staff is considering resignation, in some companies, A 3 months pre notice must be given to the management for consideration. After this, issues on outstanding salaries could be discussed before resignation days.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
That's an unfair policy, and even if the company applies it, it will affect the moral boost of the other staff. It depends on what the staff agreed to before they started working though.

Back