bestwriter

Somewhat Known
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$4.855
Raw Dex
$0.190
Here in India students who are studying in higher educational set ups get interviewed on the premises and most have peace of mind as they do get selected. Then there are employment agencies who help one get jobs for which they charge a certain fee. One can also advertise under the 'Situations wanted' column. I got my first job when I advertised in the column 'Situations Wanted'

How did you get your first job?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Here in India students who are studying in higher educational set ups get interviewed on the premises and most have peace of mind as they do get selected. Then there are employment agencies who help one get jobs for which they charge a certain fee. One can also advertise under the 'Situations wanted' column. I got my first job when I advertised in the column 'Situations Wanted'

I got my first job because of information from insiders, and they invited me to join and work at the company where they worked. Here it is difficult to find work, because most employers prefer to prioritize prospective employees who are known to their old employees.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I got my first job by replying to a recruitment advertisement on the newspaper. I found the requirements for the job suited me. I sent my application letter with my resume to the company. They invited me to a job interview and took a written test. I was selected and got the job offer.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have never applied for work since i graduated from university. Am self employed and independent. I create job for myself. I have a farm and supermarket. I still do online hustling. When i add all these channels together, i make more money that those that are employed.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

My first job was with a travel agency owned by my aunt.. I was still studying college and my aunt said I should learn to work in an office. When I graduated from college I was employed by a company owned by my father's friend and wedding sponsor.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

My journey to my first job was a bit unconventional. I actually discovered a job opening through a family friend who worked in a different industry. They referred me, and I went through the interview process. Networking and personal connections can sometimes open unexpected doors.

bestwriter

Somewhat Known
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$4.855
Raw Dex
$0.190
My journey to my first job was a bit unconventional. I actually discovered a job opening through a family friend who worked in a different industry. They referred me, and I went through the interview process. Networking and personal connections can sometimes open unexpected doors.

My last job where I stuck for 22 years was something on those lines I was travelling by train and someone there talked about this job. I immediately called up their Personnel Manager and arranged for an appointment and rest is history

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
I qualified my UGC NET in December before I appeared for final of my M.Sc. One of my lecturer was on leave and I was hired on adoc basis. My HOD just asked me if if I was interested. I did that for two months, took GRE and TOEFL in the time being and got married. All happened in the next six months and I left to the US

josh

Complete Stranger
Sep 16, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I got my first job by replying to a recruitment advertisement on the newspaper. I found the requirements for the job suited me. I sent my application letter with my resume to the company. They invited me to a job interview and took a written test. I was selected and got the job offer.
Glad to hear from you that you got a Job .
You have really done a smart work.
Congratulations 👏

bestwriter

Somewhat Known
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$4.855
Raw Dex
$0.190
I got my first job because of information from insiders, and they invited me to join and work at the company where they worked. Here it is difficult to find work, because most employers prefer to prioritize prospective employees who are known to their old employees.
That happens here as well. While applying for a post a question is asked where one was employed earlier and probably the prospective employer will check there
Post automatically merged:

Was it the first attempt? It is nice when one gets a job at the first attempt, It happened with me. As I said I had advertised and I got six replies. I succeeded when I responded to the first reply.

Last edited:

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That happens here as well. While applying for a post a question is asked where one was employed earlier and probably the prospective employer will check there

Was it the first attempt? It is nice when one gets a job at the first attempt, It happened with me. As I said I had advertised and I got six replies. I succeeded when I responded to the first reply.
Maybe what you mean is work experience, work experience here is normal to ask anywhere. It is even included in the curriculum vitae as an attachment to the job application letter. What I mean is that when I apply for a job through an old employee who has worked there, there is a high probability that I will be accepted. Different from people who don't go through old employees who have worked there.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008

Yes, that was my first attempt.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
Though the one that I have mentioned ( teaching undergraduate students at University) is the first formal job that I got. But when I was in college, Indid take part time tuition classes for two High school Science students in my neighborhood to earn some pocket money. That job was offered by the moms who stayed in the same complex and knew of my academic achievements.

henrytuedor

Unfamiliar
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
you are right it is easier if people know you in person this way they get theur thing and you get your income as well this should be done smoothly to allow for the business of one to fluorish

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
you are right it is easier if people know you in person this way they get theur thing and you get your income as well this should be done smoothly to allow for the business of one to fluorish
I agree there. In such cases, we get our publicity through words of mouth. And we get our business and income. I never advertised my art and craft work till recently when I started putting them on my WhatsApp status. Earlier I got orders through friends and family.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Over here its not that easy though, there are so many graduates today who came out with one of the best results out there but find it hard to secure a job. Most times you need to have connections to be able to get a decent job over here.

Back