Subject teachers that are scarce in the educational sector.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most schools these days do not have good english teachers. I have come across many students today, and i have come to discover that their english is extremely bad, and its getting worse by the day.
I don't think so. English is one of the subjects that have more teachers in this part of the world. Most of them are extremely good in what they do.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
I agree with you, no matter how we want to look at this, There are some countries where teaching remains a noble profession. it might be ignoble in other countries teachers are paid reasonable amount of money in developed countries

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Further math and foreign language teachers are always scarce. I think people feel the subject is kind of hard or can be difficult to teach. And people that are qualified to teach the subjects are always hot cake

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
i have noticed this too Further math and foreign language teachers you can also add mathematics to it are always scarce. But yes the subject is kind of difficult to teach.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are some subjects that you rarely find teachers to teach them. These subjects always command a very high salary because of the scarcity of professionals to handle the subjects. They include

1) Technical Drawing and Further Maths: They are very few people that are sound on this core science subject and the few available charge very high.

2) French : Only few people can make it in this course and it is impossible to see a full time French teacher.
3) Phonics: If you want a good phonics teacher in Nigeria, you would pay so much money just to get one on part time basis.
I'm my area here, you can find teachers in Technical drawing and further math. That of French and phonics are the teachers we are lacking here. In the past, we had Ghanaian teachers handling those courses, but since they have been deported back, there is vacancy in the field.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I'm my area here, you can find teachers in Technical drawing and further math. That of French and phonics are the teachers we are lacking here. In the past, we had Ghanaian teachers handling those courses, but since they have been deported back, there is vacancy in the field.
Does it mean that Nigerians can't handle that subject? There are some good Nigerian guys that can teach phonics very well. Just that they are not much.. I sometimes even wonder what the obsession with the phonics is all about.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
They are good Nigerian teachers that can handle the subject but the issue is always the pay which young guy will want to stay where he would be paid 20,000 at most monthly

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
Teaching is not a noble profession anymore. I just hope they would bring back the nobility in the teaching profession.
Its a pity though, these days you see people no longer want to be teachers or even have their kids say they want to be teachers. That's how far the occupation had fallen due to how it is being treated.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
But the truth is that there are some people that are making much money working as a teacher. It depends on how good you are and the discipline you specialize on.

As long as you are not a university graduate teaching in Nigeria, I don't think that you are going to be paid enough money that is going to make you to live comfortably.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.153
For me I would l say that; in the schools the subjects that are deemed too difficult like the Mathematics Sciences and physical learning like Geographical subjects among others for that matter.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
Low payment to teachers these days make people no longer want to be teachers or teach . People are always looking out for a more paying job than this daily

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As long as you are not a university graduate teaching in Nigeria, I don't think that you are going to be paid enough money that is going to make you to live comfortably.
The poor pay for teachers is not limited to university graduates but even to the graduates also. The teaching profession has been completely bastardized and made to look less attractive.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yesterday, I saw a post on Facebook from the principal of the school I taught years back announcing vacancy for an agric teacher years in that same school. This is 3 years since I left and they can't still find a stable replacement for me. Teachers are generally scarce this days because people no longer want to teach.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
For me in my country the teachers that are hard to find are the Maths, and physics teachers. Your may find in my locality that one physics teachers has like three to four high schools to attend to.
This is the same thing with what goes on in the education system in my country too. Over here, Maths, and physics teachers are in high demand.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We were talking about this recently in a public health conference. Indeed there are subjects that have very few subject teachers. Technical drawing was talked about as one of the major one in Kenya with very few subject teachers.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes in my country there are very few peaple that wants to be teacher most of teachers are old and don't know how to teach this generation kids some even use hard words etc

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes in my country there are very few peaple that wants to be teacher most of teachers are old and don't know how to teach this generation kids some even use hard words etc
Why are the young people not interested in teaching? The kind of kids we have today are to be handled in a special way and it is the contemporary generation that can do that.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
Low pay is always the issue here. My country don't pay teachers well especially Science teachers. One can study this highly demanding courses and go for lowly paid jobs. it isn't possible

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Why are the young people not interested in teaching? The kind of kids we have today are to be handled in a special way and it is the contemporary generation that can do that.
Because the salary is very low and some teachers needs to work a few jobs to pay their bills also you need to have high education to be a teacher and with that you can get a way better paying job

Back