The Central African Republic stops using Bitcoin as legal tender

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Yesterday Bitcoin ceased to be legal tender in the Central African Republic where the national assembly approved new amendments to the bitcoin law that had been in force since April 2022 following the same law model as El Salvador, it is speculated that it has been due to the pressures of certain entities such as the Bank of Central African States or BEAC, The Central African Banking Commission (COBAC), together with the Central African Monetary and Economic Community (UMAC)

What do you think about that?

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yesterday Bitcoin ceased to be legal tender in the Central African Republic where the national assembly approved new amendments to the bitcoin law that had been in force since April 2022 following the same law model as El Salvador, it is speculated that it has been due to the pressures of certain entities such as the Bank of Central African States or BEAC, The Central African Banking Commission (COBAC), together with the Central African Monetary and Economic Community (UMAC)

What do you think about that?
This is one of the proofs that the banking system are trying all their possible best to fight Bitcoin and crypto currency which is making a lot of citizens become their own financial bosses.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Yes, banks are probably behind all this as the reports say, banks know the role bitcoin has and how it can rob them of power over people and their money.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Financial institutions are fighting a lose battle. Cryptocurrency have come to stay. Central Africa Republic is not economic independent country therefore they will fall like packs of card when pressurised by financial institutions that use to loan them funds. No matter what, cryptocurrency is here.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Financial institutions are fighting a lose battle. Cryptocurrency have come to stay. Central Africa Republic is not economic independent country therefore they will fall like packs of card when pressurised by financial institutions that use to loan them funds. No matter what, cryptocurrency is here.
Hopefully so the other day the Russian bitcoin legislator said that Bitcoin had no future and stop their legislation, now this with Central African Republic and Biden and his henchmen are also pouring garbage on cryptocurrencies and are depleting them.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.390
Using crypto as a legal tender comes with a heavy price especially considering the volatility of cryptos. I think this will be too risky for the economy of the country.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Using crypto as a legal tender comes with a heavy price especially considering the volatility of cryptos. I think this will be too risky for the economy of the country.
You are right and that is true, but I think this is not the case at least not for this country since they have not mentioned any of this in the statement they made, it was a decision because of the disagreement of the banks related to the country with the bitcoin law.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
I don't know why but banks are always behind all these ban as reported even in my country it is the same thing , banks know how it can rob them of their power

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
In my opinion, it is not easy for a country to implement Bitcoin as a legal tender without sufficient preparation, because it will have a big impact on the economy and politics. So the Central African Republic froze Bitcoin temporarily as legal tender

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
I really believe that bitcoin in the end is not ready to become legal tender since it is too volatile and can do serious damage to the economy of a country, a currency that falls 77% from maximums cannot be legal tender , it must be more stable for it.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$2.060
I think it is good call. We can't read nowhere how Salvador solve problem of losing Bitcoin value. How did it affect on people and their standard? Did prices stayed same or stores increase prices?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
This is one of the proofs that the banking system are trying all their possible best to fight Bitcoin and crypto currency which is making a lot of citizens become their own financial bosses.
They actually do not want Bitcoin to take over but I think that is not possible anymore

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
I saw this coming for some of these countries it seems the country has made a turn around on using bitcoin as a legal tender because it might not be helping them

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know that the banking sector is threatened with the services offered by cryptocurrency. That's why they are fighting tooth and nail to make sure crypto doesn't see the light of the day.

Back