Twitter now has a new competition in Meta's 'Thread'.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Competition in business drives innovation and it has been evident in the social media space too. The latest is that Meta, the company that owns Facebook has launched a micro blogging platform that would directly rival Twitter. The name of the new micro blogging platform from Meta is 'Thread'. The new Twitter rival has already garnered 30 million sign ups 24 hours after it launched.

Do you think Twitter can survive competition.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I think that Meta is trying to capitalize on the unfriendly policies of Musk to grab a market share of the micro blogging market. It remains to be seen if Meta's Thread would provide a viable alternative for disgruntled members of Twitter.

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
Competition in business drives innovation and it has been evident in the social media space too. The latest is that Meta, the company that owns Facebook has launched a micro blogging platform that would directly rival Twitter. The name of the new micro blogging platform from Meta is 'Thread'. The new Twitter rival has already garnered 30 million sign ups 24 hours after it launched.

make your analysis broad for me to decipher. i don't think there will be any rival, the customer are at liberty to choose whwat they want

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.640
Raw Dex
$0.008
Yes, read about the news too. It's good to have competition. But I read that Twitter has plans to sue Meta for violating intellectual property rights. That's see how things go.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, read about the news too. It's good to have competition. But I read that Twitter has plans to sue Meta for violating intellectual property rights. That's see how things go.
Meta employed workers laid off by Twitter to help them develop "Thread" and Twitter has been spitting fire that it is wrong for Meta to engage it's old employees to develop a product that is it's direct competition.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Twitter is the GOAT of all social media platform and I believe that it can be able to survive any competition that any social media that is new will bring to the platform.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
Yeah just read that about 50 millions people have signed up already but it is crazy to just copy an already existing app. Hence, Twitter suing Zuckerberg now. so lt see how it's goes

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Elon Musk have been copying and hijacking other people's ideas, I don't see what is wrong with what Facebook owner have done. Moreover, I don't see Twitter getting much out of the lawsuit. Let Twitter have real competitor now.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
But I think it is Facebook that have been hijacking others projects like he bought Instagram and then what apps. So he is the one doing this more than Twitter owner

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
But I think it is Facebook that have been hijacking others projects like he bought Instagram and then what apps. So he is the one doing this more than Twitter owner
Instagram was originally owned and developed by Facebook now Meta. They paid heavily for WhatsApp which is not a hijack at all. They are not even hijacking Twitter. They are ready to give Twitter a competition.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240

Twitter may be able to survive if they bring back the old policy because a lot of people like me are already switching to Instagram threads and some are not even ready to go back to Twitter

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.460
I have seen this through instagram, because I got notifications from people who were using that section, being owned by meta this is normal, we will see how this new meta section develops.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
Well, I will not fault Zuckerberg because there's no law against competition in business you just have to thrive to be unique and be ahead of your competitors that's all

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
I think that Meta is trying to capitalize on the unfriendly policies of Musk to grab a market share of the micro blogging market. It remains to be seen if Meta's Thread would provide a viable alternative for disgruntled members of Twitter.

i am yet to get the full gist for this but every business owner should pitch his business and expect competitors always

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.138
I saw it some days back but i have not downloaded it yet and at the moment i have not decided if i would download it. I think i would have to make some research first to see if it would benefit my business before downloading it.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There is a possibility that the new social media Threads is going to rival Twitter but Twitter can never be relegated into the background completely because of their social media.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.385

I think the twitter platform will survive this competition. I believe Twitter so much, being in the social media industry for so long, it has established its reputation and the new site, thread couldn't see Twitter by far.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
What people don't seem to understand is that Meta is strategically trying to exploit a loophole in Twitter. That policy of paying to read unlimited tweets. If it is implemented, people would all switch to Threads.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think Twitter is already so strong and will win this competition. Elon Musk is even suing meta for this and might win the case as Thread seems to have copied everything about Twitter.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.348
I am not sure about this matter. I do think that some people were feeling dismayed with the changes on Twitter these days. Meta is still spiking its popularity until now.

Back