Value Vs Profits: Which should a school pursue?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.760
The challenge with businesses today is that we place premium on profits first. We fail to realize that profits follow value. A school should be a place where premium is placed on value. I am not saying that they should run at a loss. But quality should not be watered down on pursuit of profits.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
That's absolutely correct. No parent will send their children to an institution which is not reputable. Companies also prefer to hire graduates of reputable schools. It's should be the priority concern of school administrators to level up their. institutions and at par with the best schools in their community.
This is the reason why it is very necessary for any school to make sure that they offer high-value to whatever they are teaching to students because that is the only way they can be patronized by the parents for a very long time.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
A school is a business like every other organizations where someone puts money in. The problem now arises whether schools should seriously pursue profits. One thing is sure, if a school pursues profits very much, it would drop value and standard. And this defeats the purpose of the school.

How can a school balance being a business and offering highest value.
I think it is better to pursue value and people will patronize you more and you will make more profit when you pursue value instead of just trying to make profit fast and people will not have any trust in you anymore

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is the reason why it is very necessary for any school to make sure that they offer high-value to whatever they are teaching to students because that is the only way they can be patronized by the parents for a very long time.
This is what we can call sustainability. The school must exist through the years because this is one institution that must be preserved and maintained. and developing graduates with high moral principles is essential.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I feel value is what a school is suppose to chase after first then profit will come. If people do not see value in what they get from you, they would simply go to another place.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.205
I feel value is what a school is suppose to chase after first then profit will come. If people do not see value in what they get from you, they would simply go to another place.
Every business should chase value but you see th the case of a school, it is very dicey. They may want to chase value and end up being at a loss. A school whose fees is just $50 trying to chase value would be expected to compete with elite schools in facilities. If they pursue it, they would lose.

Kera

Unfamiliar
Jun 18, 2024
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.300
A school that is private would need to explore ways to make profits while still offering the highest possible value to students and parents that pay.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.980
Raw Dex
$0.000
I need value for my children but Private school need to makes profit to run the school effectively. They just have to be sure that the kids feel safe and learn

Back