What do you think of on -call job

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
This is a job model where the employer calls the employee in when needed. so this simply means as a worker you can vary the working hours, you can also get the scope of work within certain limits.

You get to negotiate your pay which you would have to discussed as a term of contract how you get paid. What do you think of this model of working?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.480
Raw Dex
$0.008
I personally do not like working this way because that means I cannot control my work schedule. I have to be on "standby" mode all the time to wait for my employer to call. I prefer working as a freelancer. I have the flexibility and can decide when and for how long I work.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yeah this is what this model of job entails it means you cannot control your work schedule.more like waiting for your employer to call. you up for the jobs daily

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.115
I personally do not like working this way because that means I cannot control my work schedule. I have to be on "standby" mode all the time to wait for my employer to call. I prefer working as a freelancer. I have the flexibility and can decide when and for how long I work.
I also prefer to work as a freelancer. On-call is not a good thing because it is not a stable job to ponder. Besides the point, it will not be feasible to grow in terms of a career growth.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is almost like freelancing. I believe you have the ability to turn down some job calls depending on the circumstances per time. It is for highly skilled professionals.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
You are right this is a job model that is for highly skilled professionals. it comes with job pressure but one should be able to make the best of it

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
On call jobs are very rampant in the medical field. It is most common with surgeons. They are only called to come when they are surgeries to be performed.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.115
It is almost like freelancing. I believe you have the ability to turn down some job calls depending on the circumstances per time. It is for highly skilled professionals.
I believe that education is only a part to make a person well-equipped. Although he or she needs to enrich his or her soft skills for gaining work experiences. In time, they can be used to make them more flexible in their respective career fields.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is often used in professions that are not really commonly required on a regular business. And also, it is used in fields where they are not too many professionals to handle the jobs.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
This is a job model where the employer calls the employee in when needed. so this simply means as a worker you can vary the working hours, you can also get the scope of work within certain limits.

You get to negotiate your pay which you would have to discussed as a term of contract how you get paid. What do you think of this model of working?
I don't like it because there are times I will be called and I may not be available.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
The thing is that On-call job does not give one any freedom to work at your own schedule.and again there are times one will be called and one may not be available.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.040
At one side it is very comfortable job as you are spending time with your family members and whenever required you'll join the work but the dark side is very painful as when you remain busy at any work you have to develop a sort if tempo to do that work. Suddenly you receive call to join office then it make upset.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.115
It is often used in professions that are not really commonly required on a regular business. And also, it is used in fields where they are not too many professionals to handle the jobs.
You are right. As for me, I am thinking that people can do this kind of job as a consultant of certain fields. I wish I could be in this situation in the future.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right. As for me, I am thinking that people can do this kind of job as a consultant of certain fields. I wish I could be in this situation in the future.
It is more on consultancy basis. It allows for flexibility and effective time utilization. The challenge is that call can come at any time when your are unprepared and you have to respond.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This kind of job is a huge risk. A lot of people have lose their life in my locality simply because they receive a call for employment. It may be okay in a country that have strong security architecture. In most third tier countries, it may be a call of no return.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
Some doctors work on call and it is convenient for them to than having to go sit down in one building a whole day. When a situation needs your attention, you come around, do your job and don't leave.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

Although this type of job arrangement ensures that an employee enjoys a high level of freedom, it could be deleterious when it comes to the matter of job security. In this arrangement, an employee is not assured that he/she will always have work to perform. This could be stressing to an employee.

Back