What factors should you prioritize while negotiating a new job?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.748
Personally speaking, I am more focused on negotiating the right compensation for me. It will surely be my top priority when finding a suitable job for me. There is nothing wrong with demanding something if it is right based on your qualifications and work experience. Bargaining is fine when it comes to negotiating certain payment schemes. It is our freedom to demand it at some point.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
The first thing i would pay much attention to is my pay, this is extremely important. And the next thing would be the working hours, i would not want to over work myself.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Negotiations for a new job are carried out during interviews, usually the interviewer will explain the facilities we can get, for example transport money, lunch, other benefits and also the salary they offer, and in general each company has a different salary standard, but if they offer a salary which is too low, of course we will reject it and it is better to look for work in another company.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
I would be very keen on knowing my designation and the payment for my work in that particular company for sure. I would also interested in determining the company's terms of service among others things.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
One of the most important factors I would prefer to press on is working conditions. I always want to get everything agreed on as far as working conditions is concerned. I don't like that area being ambiguous.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.748
The first thing i would pay much attention to is my pay, this is extremely important. And the next thing would be the working hours, i would not want to over work myself.
I got your point. I, myself need to consider the payment being offered. If it is below my previous job's salary, I will not accept it. It is because I am just cheating myself if I will accept the job.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Negotiations for a new job are carried out during interviews, usually the interviewer will explain the facilities we can get, for example transport money, lunch, other benefits and also the salary they offer, and in general each company has a different salary standard, but if they offer a salary which is too low, of course we will reject it and it is better to look for work in another company.
That's right, I agree with you. But for me, if he offers a very low salary, then I will try to offer him to increase it to a decent amount, if they want to give it then I will accept, if they don't want to give me the salary I expect it's better for me to quit and look for another job .

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
That's right, I agree with you. But for me, if he offers a very low salary, then I will try to offer him to increase it to a decent amount, if they want to give it then I will accept, if they don't want to give me the salary I expect it's better for me to quit and look for another job .
In general, companies do not want to negotiate about the salary that will be given, because that is already their standard salary, especially for professional workers, of course it will be different from the standard salary for workers that has been determined by the minimum wage by the local government.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In general, companies do not want to negotiate about the salary that will be given, because that is already their standard salary, especially for professional workers, of course it will be different from the standard salary for workers that has been determined by the minimum wage by the local government.

Yes, it's true, indeed most companies don't want to be negotiated about salary. Maybe they feel that because of the large number of applicants who have registered, it seems as if they think there are still many others willing to work. LOL

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
It is a common practice here that we put down our expected salary on our application for a job. So, during the interview, I would not ask questions about my salary. I would be interested to know my job responsibilities, career prospects and working hours.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
While doing the negotiations of the new jobs one must concentrate on knowing the nature of the job and the payment for it. However the duties and responsibilities of the jobs would are found on the appointment letter.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
It is a common practice here that we put down our expected salary on our application for a job. So, during the interview, I would not ask questions about my salary. I would be interested to know my job responsibilities, career prospects and working hours.
You can also include your desired salary, usually done by experienced and professional workers and include a history of previous salaries. and not a single absolute number, usually using between, so there may still be negotiations.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
I can't negotiate to muuch stuff since as teacher in Croatia most stuff is defined with main contract which is same for everyboy. Only I can ask not being main teacher which brings to much paperwork and contact with parents.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.748
You have the right to demand with this matter. I also think that we need to secure ourselves and not to be cheated by these companies. I had struggled myself with this scenario before and it was a big lesson for me.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You have the right to demand with this matter. I also think that we need to secure ourselves and not to be cheated by these companies. I had struggled myself with this scenario before and it was a big lesson for me.
I'm sad to hear that, I also often hear cases of employees being deceived by companies. They work but do not get paid at all. I don't understand how there can be a boss and company like this.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
Yeah negotiating the right incentives or compensation is it for me. That should be everyone top priority when finding a suitable job to help you do better at the job

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
If I join private sector, best would be in IT, I would require working on my schedule and have hybrid work. Part from home and part from office. I am not fan working on Friday afternoon during summer.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
You should also prioritised how much you will be getting paid and if your salary can cover up for your transport and you will still have money to take care of yourself throughout the month

Back