What if your boss is not around to approve business transactions, what would be your call on this?

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Because I might not know my manager plans for the transactions I would wait for the person to come back. I can never do financial transactions in behalf of my manager

I believe that that will be the best thing to do because if you do more than you are supposed to do without his approval you might end up getting the stick.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Business is not run like that. Either the boss is around or the boss visv not Around, there is always provision for everything. There is something we call power of attorney which authorize delegate to act on behalf of the authority.
This is why there is always someone who is closer to the boss and always act like the boss whenever the boss is not around. Such a person should be able to approve things like this.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I agree with you, if possible I will make a phone call to confirm, if there is no answer I will wait until the boss comes back. I don't dare to make decisions without the boss's approval.
Running of business is not like that. There are some transactions that could not allow few hours of waiting for confirmation before finalizingg. Your power of attorney would guide you accordingly.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Running of business is not like that. There are some transactions that could not allow few hours of waiting for confirmation before finalizingg. Your power of attorney would guide you accordingly.
I understand. Wasn't the power of attorney made with the knowledge of the boss, that means it's definitely approved. Meanwhile, if there are other matters that are not mentioned in the power of attorney, then I need confirmation from the boss first.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the boss did not delegate power of attorney to me on that transaction and gives me explicit instructions on how to go about it, I won't do nothing. I might not know his mind for that transaction.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
You are right and there are also some things that you need to treat immediately in your workplace and that is why it is good to have someone else aside from the boss who can represent the boss whenever he or she is not around

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right and there are also some things that you need to treat immediately in your workplace and that is why it is good to have someone else aside from the boss who can represent the boss whenever he or she is not around
You have not made a decision for the interests of the business before and it does not sit down well with your boss. Even if I am second in hierarchy, I must receive direction first from the main boss.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
You have not made a decision for the interests of the business before and it does not sit down well with your boss. Even if I am second in hierarchy, I must receive direction first from the main boss.
I think there are times when you just need to do it if the boss is not around then you tell the boss when he or she comes back that this is what you did because you are the second-in-command so you should be able to do things even if the person is not around

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A boss approval on certain business transactions is as good as getting a blank check. For me, I still need to hold back before doing anything. I do not want to be blamed if I decided that would not be acceptable with my boss's discretions for having the final decisions.
Provided that the existing protocols designate myself as the officer to approve business transactions if the boss is absent, I would not hesitate to carry out this obligation. Nevertheless, I would have to first work diligently toward preparing myself for this important task.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Provided that the existing protocols designate myself as the officer to approve business transactions if the boss is absent, I would not hesitate to carry out this obligation. Nevertheless, I would have to first work diligently toward preparing myself for this important task.
This is exactly what I am talking about because you are the next person so the owner of the business so you should be able to carry out some things even if the person is not around

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I would wait for him to come. I can never do financial transactions in behalf of my boss. That's because I might not know his plans for that transactions and has a way he wanted to do it.
Yes that's true, but things are a lot easy these day. Due to the internet or other means of communication, you can easily contact your boss. Like i remember back then while i was working under someone, there where times where i was not sure about a price or someone claimed he had made the transaction. What i usually do is to call him and he makes the final decision.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Communication nowadays has become so flexible that concrete decision can be reached without delays. There are many formats boss can be reached to seek his approval on any business deals. Distant should not be barriers.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Many people would be willing to call manager or boss's assistant in this case. I would never release payments until or unless I get approval from my bosses. This is the main principle in many cases.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Communication nowadays has become so flexible that concrete decision can be reached without delays. There are many formats boss can be reached to seek his approval on any business deals. Distant should not be barriers.
Yes that's true, but things are a lot easy these day. Due to the internet or other means of communication, you can easily contact your boss. Like i remember back then while i was working under someone, there where times where i was not sure about a price or someone claimed he had made the transaction. What i usually do is to call him and he makes the final decision.
Many people would be willing to call manager or boss's assistant in this case. I would never release payments until or unless I get approval from my bosses. This is the main principle in many cases.
I think the context of that opening post didn't factor in the possibility of calling the boss. That is quite easy and doesn't even call for debate. The context here is that the boss is not around and unreachable. And a transaction has to be approved. B

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I think the context of that opening post didn't factor in the possibility of calling the boss. That is quite easy and doesn't even call for debate. The context here is that the boss is not around and unreachable. And a transaction has to be approved. B
A business owner would always make provisions to be available at all times. Or at least put down steps on what needs to be done when they are not around or can't be reached. Someone once said a business is not growing if the business owner has to always be around Before anything can be done. A business that is growing is one that even when the business owner is not around, it is still functioning. So if the boss is not around, someone needs to be there that can give accountability. That is when business owners higher managers to help them manage even in their absence.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.235
I think it could happen a boss our of town and transactions are coming and out, but based on my experienced there is an OIC allowed to sign in behalf of the absence of head.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If the boss did not delegate power of attorney to me on that transaction and gives me explicit instructions on how to go about it, I won't do nothing. I might not know his mind for that transaction.

I always believe that a boss who is a wise person will always make provision for someone who can be able to approved such transaction when he is not available because the business cannot stand still because the boss is not around.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I agree with you, if possible I will make a phone call to confirm, if there is no answer I will wait until the boss comes back. I don't dare to make decisions without the boss's approval.
The evolution of telecommunication has brought new era in communication which has brings lots of developments in business. The instruction left by boss would determine your action during your boss absence.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
The evolution of telecommunication has brought new era in communication which has brings lots of developments in business. The instruction left by boss would determine your action during your boss absence.
Even if the boss didn't drop any information about that , then he can be easily reached though phone call or text message and then you will be able to get necessary details from him so as to avoid unpleasant situation arising from poor decision.

Back