What is the legal status of cryptocurrency in your country?

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
Most government and financial institutions around the globe are wary of cryptos because they fear that it might ruin the economy of the country. While those who are into cryptos feel the other way, they think that it would give a boost to the economy. There is no regulations around crypto. It's a free market and so can be used for illegal things and crimes. Moreover as there is no regulations, it is tough to bring it under a scanner. The fear is a valid one but then banning is not helping.
I think that in the end the two worlds will come together after some regulation, it is true that cryptocurrencies can help a lot to clean up the economy, but it is also true that many illegal transactions are carried out with cryptocurrencies, which should be eradicated as much as possible, both must coexist in order to help the economy.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
I think that in the end the two worlds will come together after some regulation, it is true that cryptocurrencies can help a lot to clean up the economy, but it is also true that many illegal transactions are carried out with cryptocurrencies, which should be eradicated as much as possible, both must coexist in order to help the economy.
Crypto is a huge market these days and no one can undermine it. Banning it or making it illegal would give no solution. People will get into black market and other illegal ways. The fear of it being used for illegal transactions and even illegal activities like funding terrorism is very valid. Best way would be to make regulations around it and try to bring it in mainstream economy so that it can be brought under taxation lens and other legal scanner

Ebutech

Somewhat Known
Oct 20, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As the use of digital currencies becomes more widespread, it's important to understand how they are regulated and what implications this has for their adoption.

In some countries, cryptocurrency is treated as a commodity, while in others it is classified as a currency. There are also countries where its usage is restricted or outright banned.

What is the situation in your country? Are there any specific laws or regulations in place related to cryptocurrency? Have you personally encountered any challenges or limitations when using digital currencies?
In my country cryptocurrency is temporarily banned, even when you're trying to make a transaction and on the description box if you should mistakenly include any cryptocurrency related word, your account could be banned.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
The government did not ban cryptocurrency but restricted it's use by stopping all registered financial institutions in the country from taking part in transactions related to it. This means you can't buy or sell using your credit cards, and exchanges can't have accounts with banks.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
It's not a direct ban here in India.. Government has made the income on crypto as taxable income, so it's definitely trying to bring it under tax lense. However, there is no legal status given to it. Reserve Bank of India ( Central financial institution) and the government are wary of cryptos and they keep discouraging people from indulging in it. They should come out with some clarity on the cryptos soon to remove all the confusion and to make it easier for people.
India has launched its own digital currency.

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.002
Raw Dex
$0.001
Cryptocurrency has been restricted in my country for a very long period of time and it has not been reinstated ever since it has been restricted by the government .

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Cryptocurrency have been restricted in so many countries and most of the countries that banned the use od cryotocurrency do not make an attempt to accept it back because they are afraid that it could put power in the hands of the direct users.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
Well, we can argue against the government around the globe for being strict with cryptocurrency and not giving it a complete clearance or positive nod. But the fear of goverment is also a Valid one. Crypto market has no localised regulations and being an unregulated one it is more prone to be used for illegal activities like funding terrorism and invading taxes. It does pose a threat to the mainstream economy as it's tough to bring it under tax lenses.
And many people might loose interest in cryptos if it is brought under regulations,, checks and direct taxation.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
Well, we can argue against the government around the globe for being strict with cryptocurrency and not giving it a complete clearance or positive nod. But the fear of goverment is also a Valid one. Crypto market has no localised regulations and being an unregulated one it is more prone to be used for illegal activities like funding terrorism and invading taxes. It does pose a threat to the mainstream economy as it's tough to bring it under tax lenses.
And many people might loose interest in cryptos if it is brought under regulations,, checks and direct taxation.
I think that when the cryptographic market is regulated everything will be different, it will be a clearer and more widely accepted market, it will also give wings to large entities to enter without problems, but it will also be a more centralized and dominated market.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
I think that when the cryptographic market is regulated everything will be different, it will be a clearer and more widely accepted market, it will also give wings to large entities to enter without problems, but it will also be a more centralized and dominated market.
I agree there and I hope that it happens soon. It will promote a clear transparent market as more and more genuine people will participate. Once it is regulated, it will come under a legal scanner and under tax lense. That will discourage illegal elements to participate in it. I personally feel that it would be an effective way to control the misuse of cryptos in to illegal activities.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
I agree there and I hope that it happens soon. It will promote a clear transparent market as more and more genuine people will participate. Once it is regulated, it will come under a legal scanner and under tax lense. That will discourage illegal elements to participate in it. I personally feel that it would be an effective way to control the misuse of cryptos in to illegal activities.
The only negative point is that as regulation advances and everything is clarified, more ways to circumvent this also advance, for example recently many cryptocurrency mixers appeared that legislators do not know how to deal with, I think all this will take a long time.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
The only negative point is that as regulation advances and everything is clarified, more ways to circumvent this also advance, for example recently many cryptocurrency mixers appeared that legislators do not know how to deal with, I think all this will take a long time.
You have a valid point. People are always there to find loopholes and misuse it. But that happens with every legality and regulations.
Crypto when began was never thought to grow so much and become so widely popular. We have so many crypto coins in the market and many more coming up. And they are not merging from the same origin. Bringing all that under regulations is definitely going to be a lot of effort and not happening any soon.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
You have a valid point. People are always there to find loopholes and misuse it. But that happens with every legality and regulations.
Crypto when began was never thought to grow so much and become so widely popular. We have so many crypto coins in the market and many more coming up. And they are not merging from the same origin. Bringing all that under regulations is definitely going to be a lot of effort and not happening any soon.
Exactly, that's the point, but hey, there are countries where things are getting serious such as the United States, and next year it is the turn of the European Union with the new MICA law, we will see what happens.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
Exactly, that's the point, but hey, there are countries where things are getting serious such as the United States, and next year it is the turn of the European Union with the new MICA law, we will see what happens.
Yes, we have to wait and watch. It's a huge market now and it needs to be brought under regulations.. Somewhere something has to be started. It might not be fullproof. But then as the progress goes, one can see the more pragmatic problems coming up. Any law can be changed and improvised later.

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Truly it is not legalized in my country but we are free to use it because I think the government have even forgotten that they put a ban on cryptocurrency and now many people are transacting with it daily

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
In my country are legal but the regulations here are getting harder to tell the truth and i think in all the european territory are being the same i hope the best for these regulations

Back