What is the legal status of cryptocurrency in your country?

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country, crypto currency is banned and taken to be illegal. However, people in my country now use P2P exchange to buy and sell crypto currency. It's even better that way.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
In my country, crypto currency is banned and taken to be illegal. However, people in my country now use P2P exchange to buy and sell crypto currency. It's even better that way.
Would there be any legal consequences in the event that they discover that a person from your country may be interacting with cryptocurrencies by the government or something like that?

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Would there be any legal consequences in the event that they discover that a person from your country may be interacting with cryptocurrencies by the government or something like that?
Yes there are consequences. However the law is controversial as the central bank banned crypto not the government. Security operatives do harass people in possession of crypto tokens. One would need the law courts to go free.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
Yes there are consequences. However the law is controversial as the central bank banned crypto not the government. Security operatives do harass people in possession of crypto tokens. One would need the law courts to go free.
Okay I understand, I guess the bank banned cryptocurrencies for fear of losing power over the control of the currency in the country, this should not happen, but well we already know in the world in which we are, I also think that the naira is very weak lately.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country Nigeria, cryptocurrency is completely banned and remains illegal. Banks caught engaging in any transaction with cryptocurrencies would be sanctioned heavily.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Most government and financial institutions around the globe are wary of cryptos because they fear that it might ruin the economy of the country. While those who are into cryptos feel the other way, they think that it would give a boost to the economy. There is no regulations around crypto. It's a free market and so can be used for illegal things and crimes. Moreover as there is no regulations, it is tough to bring it under a scanner. The fear is a valid one but then banning is not helping.
They do not want to adopt cryptocurrency because it could cannot be controlled by them.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
They do not want to adopt cryptocurrency because it could cannot be controlled by them.
Very true. That's one thing that's the main reason and it's very valid. It's very challenging to control crytpcurrency as it is not centralised. And moreover, there are so many coins coming each day.. And it's quite a possibility that it can be used for illegal activities and even for funding terrorism. The fear of government around globe is justified.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Very true. That's one thing that's the main reason and it's very valid. It's very challenging to control crytpcurrency as it is not centralised. And moreover, there are so many coins coming each day.. And it's quite a possibility that it can be used for illegal activities and even for funding terrorism. The fear of government around globe is justified.
It's very difficult for the government to have control over bitcoin and that is why they have been engaging in cryptocurrency regulations.

Back