What motivates employees?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$0.688
Everyone enjoys having their efforts observed and acknowledged, especially when it is an unprompted commendation of a job well done. Praise is a potent motivator that may be used even in the face of setbacks. It is in everyone's nature to make errors, but the important thing is to avoid repeating them. It becomes an opportunity for the individuals involved to learn something new if a team or employee has a rationale for their conduct yet the behavior turns out to be improper.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.120
Raw Dex
$0.000
A pay raise or promotion to a more senior position motivates an employee. Other than monetary reward, praise and acknowledgement of a job well done, giving the employee more decision making power are also motivating.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Employees are motivated by different factors, like recognition, career development, job security, a positive work environment and fair compensation providing opportunities for learning and growth and offering a worklife balance can also boost employee motivation.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
What keeps them motivated are good working conditions, good bonuses and of course a good atmosphere at work and with their colleagues, in addition to their personal things i think

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Increment in salary is one of the major things that motivates employees. Whenever you give incentives to your workers they will be very motivated.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Increment in salary is one of the major things that motivates employees. Whenever you give incentives to your workers they will be very motivated.
The problem is that for some companies this is something difficult to do sometimes, that is why sometimes there are other ways to get it such as giving more vacation days or other bonuses.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.550
The problem is that for some companies this is something difficult to do sometimes, that is why sometimes there are other ways to get it such as giving more vacation days or other bonuses.
For some private organizations, they find it very hard to increase employees salaries. Even the bonuses, they don't give. That's why staff leave them regularly

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
For some private organizations, they find it very hard to increase employees salaries. Even the bonuses, they don't give. That's why staff leave them regularly
Yes, this is true, but sometimes they can not because of the conditions of the country where they operate, but well some benefit they have to really give if they want to keep employees motivated, if not as you say, they will leave

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$0.007
All employees want to be motivated to work . I agree with you that Praise is a potent motivator that may be used even in the face of setbacks. just appreciate them.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$9.475
Raw Dex
$0.203
It depends on person to person. Some person feel motivated when their work is appreciated where as some get motivated when they get money/incentive

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$0.007
I agree with you, people gets motivated in different ways some when their work is appreciated while others just gifting them things like money and other gifts so choose wisely

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
Yes, but certain people get motivated when they are appreciated, for them fame is required more than money. I have such people in my office
This is very true and I have to agree. But it gets me wondering, what is the usefulness of appreciation over money? Can you use it to buy something? Givee money and motivate me to run 1000 meters.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$9.475
Raw Dex
$0.203
I agree appreciation won't do good for them but they hope that in the future, they will be benefited. They feel whatever they are earning in the present is enough for them. They are self-satisfied with the money.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
I agree appreciation won't do good for them but they hope that in the future, they will be benefited. They feel whatever they are earning in the present is enough for them. They are self-satisfied with the money.
It is actually a good thing to have other things that motivate someone beyond money. That's because there might be times that money is not available and the person has to find a way and be motivated.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
A pay raise or promotion to a more senior position motivates an employee. Other than monetary reward, praise and acknowledgement of a job well done, giving the employee more decision making power are also motivating.
Yes, I totally agree with you, it's all very effective in motivating workers, so they want to be loyal to the company and give their best performance. Good input will always produce good output.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
Yes, I totally agree with you, it's all very effective in motivating workers, so they want to be loyal to the company and give their best performance. Good input will always produce good output.
The senor staff would feel that his contributions over the years has been appreciated. That's why it is slmehiw dicey to elevate a junior staff to head a department. It might demotivate the senior staff.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
The senor staff would feel that his contributions over the years has been appreciated. That's why it is slmehiw dicey to elevate a junior staff to head a department. It might demotivate the senior staff.
Yes, that is one way to motivate workers too. It rarely happens, the head of the department comes from a junior staff. Senior employees with achievements are prioritized over junior employees with achievements.

Back