What question would you ask to yourself before starting a business?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
Most members in this community long to operate any business they think profitable and help family's needs and for some future needs like children's education. What do you think would be your first question? This was what I thought before I started operating an internet café in the city where I live: : How am I going to satisfy my customers in such a way that they wouldn't miss to rent some hours in my café? Will I offer free morning coffee? What about you?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
Good reflection questions. My question is Am I ready? Physically, emotionally, mentally.
Am I really ready to start this and prepared to accept if I don't succeed. Am I ready to succeed?
You're so right on the questions your mind dictated you before starting a business. Also, we can ask like this :Can I make it alone or with a partner? Where is the possible place and how much would be my possible net profit monthly? We have to list down possible questions and put a check mark the one attainable.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do i have what it takes to do this?, can I contain my emotions when things goes south?, do i have a presentable manner of approach?, what's my aim for doing this?. Just too much questions but at the end they will help if the answers are given in time before starting the business.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
@Mikky ,there are questions that guide a business operator. It's advisable to also do a list on the positive and negative outcomes on the desired business. Calculations are necessary too, to avoid loses. I noticed in our mall here, the cashier do the listing of the sold products, brand, and amount. It takes buyers to wait for some minutes before the change is given. Owner does an inventory weekly.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
@cherry123 , you have a very good question on your mind if you can sustain. Operating a business needs focus and perseverance. There are many things to consider, your sales, salary for the workers, accountant and agency where you hired the security guard. Maintenance of cleanliness and orderliness is also a must for customers never like to enter a disorganized business. It's indeed crucial, but timing helps to achieve all.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
There are several important questions that must be answered before starting a business, such as
What business should I run?
Does society need my product or service?
How much money/capital do I need?
Where will I run my business?
Are there many competitors of the same type of business?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
One question i tend to always ask myself before starting any business is if i actually have the zeal and passion to be consistent. Most business out there die before their time simply because the business owners lack the passion to keep putting more effort.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
@cherry123 , you have a very good question on your mind if you can sustain. Operating a business needs focus and perseverance. There are many things to consider, your sales, salary for the workers, accountant and agency where you hired the security guard. Maintenance of cleanliness and orderliness is also a must for customers never like to enter a disorganized business. It's indeed crucial, but timing helps to achieve all.
yeah you're right every business needs consistency so if one cannot sustain the business for a period of time then there's no need starting it because you will just be throwing your money down the drain.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.093
I will check if I would be able to get enough customer where I will open the internet cafe. Sometimes we dont do research and open a business and lose our money. Also will check what should I do to get more customers to my cafe .

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
yeah you're right every business needs consistency so if one cannot sustain the business for a period of time then there's no need starting it because you will just be throwing your money down the drain.
That's correct, it's a big harm to savings thrown to nowhere because of inadequate knowledge of running a business. It's good to ask the self questions to protect the finances and a heartbreaking loses.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most members in this community long to operate any business they think profitable and help family's needs and for some future needs like children's education. What do you think would be your first question? This was what I thought before I started operating an internet café in the city where I live: : How am I going to satisfy my customers in such a way that they wouldn't miss to rent some hours in my café? Will I offer free morning coffee? What about you?
First of all, best of luck with your business. Secondly, what I would think is am I and my business model capable of catering to the needs of customers consistently and in the best manner possible. Only then will I think about continuing my business.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would ask myself how stiff competition is in that business and how much potential it has as a money making venture. Not every idea can be monetized successfully.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.348
I just need to conduct a feasibility study to determine the business in mind if it is feasible or not. I am sure there are some questions that need to be answered and this activity will answer everything.

Augustus kparobo

Unfamiliar
Nov 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If I should start up a business and the questions for my self will be how.
1, much do I know this people
2, how much awareness are they going to be be about my business
3, what are the basic interest of this people I will be serving
4,my stand as an individual in the society.
Then I can now move to others such as 1,the finance
2, my location
3, ease of my customers to access me and what I am offering them
4, what kind of customer would I want and need.
5, advertisement.
6, the future of my business

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
First of all, best of luck with your business. Secondly, what I would think is am I and my business model capable of catering to the needs of customers consistently and in the best manner possible. Only then will I think about continuing my business.
That's a very good advise from your thought. It's very impressive.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
I would agree with others as well,do i have the basic skills to achieve at this.You may not start with quality but you can start from somewhere and most importantly you have to provide value to some people.Create a self sustaining mode for yourself.If ypu are always dependant on others to start then you have it all wrong but if what you have is enough to start with and scale up then you have laid the basics.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
I would agree with others as well,do i have the basic skills to achieve at this.You may not start with quality but you can start from somewhere and most importantly you have to provide value to some people.Create a self sustaining mode for yourself.If ypu are always dependant on others to start then you have it all wrong but if what you have is enough to start with and scale up then you have laid the basics.
Very well said. One needs to assess many things before starting a desired business.

Back