What should be the normal experience age for new applicants?.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is very strange to read vacancies advertisement that that stated particular years of experience prospective applicants must possess before being eligible for consideration. Some adverts would give minimum conditions of 5 years above.
If this condition is to be followed strictly, then tell me how is it possible for fresh graduands to secure employment?. At least he supposed to start from somewhere but he's being denied the opportunity as a result of being a fresh graduand. Something must be done to redress the situation before it degenerate into crisis in future.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
This has been a problem among graduates , the thing is, most graduates now do volunteering jobs even before they finished from school so as to be able to meet up with work experience which is not suppose to be so.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
This is a personal experience too and has always been a problem for new graduates. You just have to meet up with the years of work experience stated to be employed

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.268
It is a sad thing that it happens in some companies to hire people with a particular work experiences in years. For me, it is better not to have this requirement strictly. It is because some young ones who do not have long work experiences can offer something because of their innate talents and potentials to shine in their chosen fields.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, there is no need to require work experience for applicants who have just graduated from school. Give him the opportunity to learn with sufficient training periods. If he can get through the training period well then he should be kept and vice versa.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It is very strange to read vacancies advertisement that that stated particular years of experience prospective applicants must possess before being eligible for consideration. Some adverts would give minimum conditions of 5 years above.
If this condition is to be followed strictly, then tell me how is it possible for fresh graduands to secure employment?. At least he supposed to start from somewhere but he's being denied the opportunity as a result of being a fresh graduand. Something must be done to redress the situation before it degenerate into crisis in future.

The most important thing is for your work is to know exactly what is required of them and also if your business is offering training to workers to know how to carry out their duties, I don't see any relevance of years of experience before hiring anyone.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
I don't even understand the dragging for this new age . I think it is better one gets employ for the skills and experience one has and not about the age

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
It is a sad thing that it happens in some companies to hire people with a particular work experiences in years. For me, it is better not to have this requirement strictly. It is because some young ones who do not have long work experiences can offer something because of their innate talents and potentials to shine in their chosen fields.
Yeah, we need to look beyond years of experience when giving out job roles, some people possess this innate skills and may even be far better than someone with years of experience, and if we may consider too they could be employed as a junior staff under the role and that's better.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is always a way to shut out people from the recruitment process. But you can expect a company to employ someone with no experience over someone with 6 years experience. That is why you should try as much as possible to gather experience. Small jobs that don't pay well can be used to build experience for the time that you would be seeking for a job that requires experience.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
That depends on the position. If the company is hiring an executive trainee, there should not be any requirements for job experience. However, for management positions, people with working experience are preferred.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Experience requirements are largely dependent on the type of job being advertised. The more technical and engaging, the more the experience required.
Owing to various factors including the saturation of a job market, recruiters may sometimes however require an unnecessarily long period of experience.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.268
Yeah, we need to look beyond years of experience when giving out job roles, some people possess this innate skills and may even be far better than someone with years of experience, and if we may consider too they could be employed as a junior staff under the role and that's better.
In my view, a student who is going to have his or her on-the-job-training (OJT). He or she needs to choose the company that would be suitable for him or her. Once he or she finished their OJTs, they can be absorbed in this chosen company.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Honestly its really funny, like where do they expect young graduates to get the experience if they do not work? I have seen some that asked for ten years of experience.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Honestly its really funny, like where do they expect young graduates to get the experience if they do not work? I have seen some that asked for ten years of experience.
That definitely means those kind of jobs are not for fresh graduates. Graduates should sign up for trainee positions to build the experience. And grow from there. You have not worked for 2/years and you are applying for managerial positions, I won't give you.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That definitely means those kind of jobs are not for fresh graduates. Graduates should sign up for trainee positions to build the experience. And grow from there. You have not worked for 2/years and you are applying for managerial positions, I won't give you.
Graduate could also work for this positions when they are still in college as that will help them save more of their time because things like this are actually frustrating, losing a job just because you didn't meet up with the required experience needed.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This happens a lot in my country as there will be requirements for applicants to have 2 to 3 years or 5 to 6 years of experience before they will be considered knowing fully well that most of the applicants are freshly graduated students.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
This happens a lot in my country as there will be requirements for applicants to have 2 to 3 years or 5 to 6 years of experience before they will be considered knowing fully well that most of the applicants are freshly graduated students.
The truth is that companies want to achieve efficiency while minimizing costs. If they hire a rookie, they would have to wait for some time for the employee to adjust and learn while also spending money on training. That's why they need experienced hands.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that companies want to achieve efficiency while minimizing costs. If they hire a rookie, they would have to wait for some time for the employee to adjust and learn while also spending money on training. That's why they need experienced hands.
If you don't have the rookie in the business of firm how would they have the experience that they are searching for which would give them a long time service instead of getting a short service from those who have been in the labour market.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
I agree with you, yes employers sometimes need to look beyond years of experience when giving out job roles. Rhe thing is that some people possess skills far better than experience

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think two years experience requirement is enough. While I won't employ a fresh graduate with no experience, I believe that a graduate should use two years to gather the necessary experiences that would make him fit for organizational engagement.

Back