What to look out for when selecting a country to invest in?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.738
Investing is not limited to just within your country or locality. It is also possible to invest in places and countries outside your country. What are the things an investor should consider before investing in a country? For me i believe one thing you should look into is the tax factor. Most countries have high tax which might affect an investor on the long run.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$12.215
Provided that country has the most favourable investing factors like affordable taxation, public utilitie, cheaper labour, political stabilities and low business operational costs at large in the matter of fact.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You have to look out for political stability in a country that you intend to invest. Also, look out for the economic policies and the economic system if it would favor your business. And importantly look out for the market.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many things that I would consider. The GDP of a country may play a positive role and I think that the economical conditions of a country also play a really major role as well.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.550
Raw Dex
$1.535
I think the best thing is to know if your company's items and services are feasible to any countries in this world. At some point, it would be great if you find a partner overseas. They can just avail the items and services in their respective countries.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.980
Raw Dex
$0.008
There are many factors you need to consider before investing in a foreign country. Some of them include political stability, availability and cost of labor, office rent, and the taxation system.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The culture of the people and the business clime of the country are great parameters to help in the decision making process of investing in a country. The culture of the people determines if there would be market for your business while the business clime determines if the policy framework won't choke your business.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.351
Raw Dex
$0.002
This is why doing research is very important. you should go for a country that has the most favourable investing factors. you should go for a friendly country as well

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When it comes to international trade one has to be cautious as the truth is that there is no place like home.
I feel like the most important feature is that it has to be a country with integrity

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
You have to look out for political stability in a country that you intend to invest. Also, look out for the economic policies and the economic system if it would favor your business. And importantly look out for the market.

Security is also another thing you have to look into when it comes to establishing a business in another country because if your business is not secured, it is not safe to go into any kind of business in that location.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.390
Security is also another thing you have to look into when it comes to establishing a business in another country because if your business is not secured, it is not safe to go into any kind of business in that location.
Insecurities in a country is a red flag for you to forget about investing in that kind of country. You wouldn't like to lose whatever investments you have built in one swoop of insurgency. That is why some regions of the world can't attract investors.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Insecurities in a country is a red flag for you to forget about investing in that kind of country. You wouldn't like to lose whatever investments you have built in one swoop of insurgency. That is why some regions of the world can't attract investors.

Whenever there is a security crisis in any country that you want to set up your business it is advisable for you not to carry on with doing that because that business is most likely going to suffer.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.390
Take a look at the situation in Ukraine. All of the people in my country that had businesses in Ukraine are all very depressed because with their eyes, they are seeing their business crumble and they can't do nothing about it.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.575
When I am going to invest in another country, of course there will be many factors to consider, such as security, stable politics, per capita income, the minimum amount of capital to be invested, customs and taxes.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Investing is not limited to just within your country or locality. It is also possible to invest in places and countries outside your country. What are the things an investor should consider before investing in a country? For me i believe one thing you should look into is the tax factor. Most countries have high tax which might affect an investor on the long run.
Another thing one should also consider looking out for when starting a business in another country is the country's policy, how favourable is it to foreigners, the language barriers, do they communicate with a language you can understand.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
But this is what most people fail to look at and can lead to businesses not doing well, another thing is making a proper survey before starting to ensure that your product really solve their problem at hand

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the considerations would be to check on the political stability of the country we intend to do business
with. In addition to that we have to lol into the investment climate of that country and what incentives do they five for investors. This can be sourced out from the trade attaches located in every embassies. One can make research on what is the investment opportunities im that country. It's also good to know the credit standing of that country by looking up data with international credit raters.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As for me, the 2 major tings among all factors I'll consider are the economic situation and the security. Those 2 factors are necessary because a country wit poor economy is not fit to invest in. Same thing with a country who can not provide safety for the lives and property is dangerous to invest I'm after these 2 factors other factors can now be considered.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
If you're willing to select a country that you are going to invest in, it is better to select a country that has huge potentials of making your business, strive, probably a commercialized country.

Back