What will you do if your old customer doesn't have money to pay?

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some times this happen with people, maybe they forget their money and credit card, if I know someone or he/she is my old customer then I will give them the products and want a payment next time.
What will you do?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
Some times this happen with people, maybe they forget their money and credit card, if I know someone or he/she is my old customer then I will give them the products and want a payment next time.
What will you do?

I might give him more time after considering the fact that he is indeed not able to pay. It is good to be lenient with customers.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
It is against to every company to let customers to have any products without cash in hand, but they can issue a bank check to pay them.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In order to keep up the relationship with your o) d customers you could grant some consideration which should not be at the detriment of the company.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
For me I can't accept a credit to Such a customer. Despite the customer being loyal to my business I may not be in a position to give them credit when their credit worthiness is in doubt.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
It depends on the kind of relationship i have with the person. There are old customers who i might not be close with and would not be willing to give them on credit.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
What will you do?
If it's actually an old customer who always pays for everything that he or she usually buy from me, I would always give the person a chance to pay whenever he has the money to do so.

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If it's actually an old customer who always pays for everything that he or she usually buy from me, I would always give the person a chance to pay whenever he has the money to do so.
Definitely you should do so because customers should always be satisfied with your business and products, if you avoid giving the item to your customer then he or she will never return.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
What will you do?
I think I will give him enough time so that he can pay off the money that he is owing me as long as he's an old customer

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
For me I can't accept a credit to Such a customer. Despite the customer being loyal to my business I may not be in a position to give them credit when their credit worthiness is in doubt.
As for me, "Business is a business." It is not possible for me to let the client to pay next time. He or she can still come back and pay for it. I can promise that the product is reserved for him or her.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
As for me, "Business is a business." It is not possible for me to let the client to pay next time. He or she can still come back and pay for it. I can promise that the product is reserved for him or her.
That is cool too. The way we run our businesses are different. In Africa, people sell on credit a lot.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Bushiness are not charity organizations and you don't use as sentiments in business. If all the old customers come with debt pleas, how would the business survive. I would just help with what I can and not with my business.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Bushiness are not charity organizations and you don't use as sentiments in business. If all the old customers come with debt pleas, how would the business survive. I would just help with what I can and not with my business.
This is true and every business owner should have it in mind that business is not a charity organisation so that the person will not go bankrupt

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
That depends on the value of the product I sell to the customer. If the value is not very high, and s(he) is my loyal customer and has a good record of payment, I'll give him/her the product and get payment afterwards.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
That depends on the value of the product I sell to the customer. If the value is not very high, and s(he) is my loyal customer and has a good record of payment, I'll give him/her the product and get payment afterwards.
And again there are some customers that are very loyal but they may just be unfortunate to pay the money so we just have to chill for them

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
The best way to solve this is to go down memory lane and ascertain the history of that customer. Has he or she been faithful in payments in time past? If so, you can help the customer out.

Back