When do you usually use small talk in business?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
It's not allowed to talk other things at work. It must only be related to work and at the right time.
Yea, like they say there is time for everything. When it comes to business, its best you stay focus in that aspect and just deal with that. Later on you could try other things.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yea, like they say there is time for everything. When it comes to business, its best you stay focus in that aspect and just deal with that. Later on you could try other things.
yes you should focus on work but you should also have funt time to talk and talk with your partners about day and more it helps to boost mood

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Small talk can help relieve and calm nerves when workplace tension is so high and workers need to ease. It can also help greater bonding among staff of an organization.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
Small talk can help relieve and calm nerves when workplace tension is so high and workers need to ease. It can also help greater bonding among staff of an organization.
Yes that's true, i remember back then while i was still working under someone, when the tension is pretty high due to my boss being around, he would start telling small jobs just to make everyone calm down and be more free.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think the managers and boss should stop preying on employees, they should rather look at their performance.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I totally agreed! Many manager and boss use to prey on the employees . It is quite shameful and is uncalled for.
Post automatically merged:

Small talks is absolutely necessary in workplace but it must have limit. Except the working environment forbade such.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Small talk is good when it is done moderately and with the sole aim of achieving faster results while working or doing any form of business transactions in order to ease off stress.

It is one of the best ways for you to motivate your workers especially when there is a very big challenge for them to commit much into seeing it successful.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Is it every discussion that one would have that would be about business. A little bit of fun discussions for 10 minutes can spice up the flow of work. Guys would always throw jibes about football.
That is true. A little discussion about hobbies and things that are not about business can spice things up. Small talks don't have to he about business all the time. Things outside business can be great for team building too.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Yes that's true, i remember back then while i was still working under someone, when the tension is pretty high due to my boss being around, he would start telling small jobs just to make everyone calm down and be more free.
That's actually cool, employers are not supposed to be too hard on employees because they will surely be hiding a lot of things from such person because they won't know what to expect when told.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When a wurlplace is all about work, it makes the work place ultimately boring in the end. Spice it up with some good conversations about contemporary issues so that workers themselves can get to learn. Small talks in the workplace kills redundancy.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A businessperson can gain insights into the interests and goals of the other side by conducting ethical investigations.
As in social life, touching on these insights and interests while conversing with the other side would be helpful in establishing rapport.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

It is definitely something that helps to ensure the workers their boss is with them in whatever stage and challenges they are going to face in the world there are going to be doing.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.638
It's not allowed to talk other things at work. It must only be related to work and at the right time.
Well, that is how it should be but we cannot run away from discussing some particular things at work. We should only make sure that we discuss other things during our leisure time.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I used to do small talk, but I rather not do it now. It's hard to stop it when it's something you're used to, but it actually harms your relationship with people in the long run.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Well, that is how it should be but we cannot run away from discussing some particular things at work. We should only make sure that we discuss other things during our leisure time.
Sure, starting discussion during working hours divert workers attention at work and could make them miss out on a lot of things and even make errors while counting, calculating ,entering datas and so on, these errors could later affect in the long.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I used to do small talk, but I rather not do it now. It's hard to stop it when it's something you're used to, but it actually harms your relationship with people in the long run.

I would say that if it is something that is going to help your business become very productive, you should endeavour to do it often.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is good to always talk about the company or organisation while at the place of work especially if it has to do with what will see to the improvement of the organization or business.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Why would small talk harm people's relationships? I don't see how, unless you don't have boundaries that dictate what you talk about. For instance, if your small talk always comprises gossiping about others, then that will definitely ruin relationships.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
we talk when it is lunch I don't work full day we have lunch we eat and talk it's fun and it takes mind off work for a bit and makes me less tired

As long as it is something that is always going to put workers in a good condition to be able to carry out their work, it should be encouraged.

Back