Which do you believe to be riskier—taking too little time or too much time to make a decision?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
In my view, both can be dangerous for the company. These tactics have always had advantages and disadvantages in business. Being a risk-taker is fine as long as he or she can think more than twice before making a final decision. However, they should also have other options if the first decision does not work out. Having alternatives is the best course of action.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Both can be risky, the most important thing here is that you make the right decision, wether you take too much time or you make it on time, always make sure you are very sure about what you are doing.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I am a quick decision maket because I explore issues much wider than most people within a short period. The truth is that I even anticipate issues before they come. I don't like slow decision makers. They slow down the wheels of progress.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, making decisions with too little time is very risky, due to a lack of careful consideration and planning, there is the potential for mistakes to be made when making decisions. Therefore to make a tough decision I need at least 24 hours.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The time taken to make decisions doesn't not really matter, what matter is if the decision taken is the right one. I feel it's better when you take time before taking decision

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Both can be risky, the most important thing here is that you make the right decision, wether you take too much time or you make it on time, always make sure you are very sure about what you are doing.
Accuracy is the biggest thing to consider. We need to plan and think how to deal with possible problems when having a business. It is a matter of building a good rapport in business with others.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I would say both are not desirable. A good manager should be able to make the right decision at the right time. S(he) should take different factors into account before making a decision.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$0.620
In my opinion, taking a long time to make a decision is as much detrimental as taking decision quickly. When you take quick decision your decisions will be based on emotions, and when you take emotional decision, you might make mistakes

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.030
In my view taking decision in hurry results in severe loses, whenever we need to decide something then we must discuss with our sincere close people, mostly they indicates something which would not remain in our mind.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends in the kind of situation you find yourself , in an urgent situation a fast decision needed to be made and to do this careful consideration is required , that is not enough as consultation still needed to be done to be sure you are making the right decision,there is need to let other see for us too as we can't see it all.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
I would say both are not desirable. A good manager should be able to make the right decision at the right time. S(he) should take different factors into account before making a decision.
Being flexible is the key factor to make a good manager in a certain company. If he or she cannot do this, it would be a disaster for him or her and the rest of his or her subordinates.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
The time taken to make decisions doesn't not really matter, what matter is if the decision taken is the right one. I feel it's better when you take time before taking decision
Exactly, the most important is the results. Your goal is to achieve good results on any decision you make, so when taking a decision it does not matter how far or how slow you take them, or if you are under pressure or not, what matters most is that you make the right one.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
You would actually have to find a way to balance it between the two because there are some business decision that requires you to be able to make a quick decision and there are some decision that requires you to take your time in order to come at a best decision.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on persons. If you are fast like me, you can make your decisions fast. If you know you can't weigh all factors fast enough to make decisions use the calm and collected approach.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that too little time to make decision is much more risky than too much time
I don't really know about others but I'm the kind of person that finds it hard to process with little time

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that too little time to make decision is much more risky than too much time
I don't really know about others but I'm the kind of person that finds it hard to process with little time
Too much time is also risky. It is not the best for emergency situations. By the time the decision is being made, the feared danger has already been aggravated.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on situations in business. You can't hastily make a decision on replacing a manager. You need to give it time and think through. Some decisions also need to be made quickly though like one that concerns price changes when stock is full.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think that it is not worth taking any risk until or unless you develop a proper risk management strategy in the first place. This is one of the most important things a businessman should know.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.648
For me accordingly to how my brain works, it's more riskier to make a decision in a more fast way. I need more time to think about it so that I get the appropriate answer for that matter.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me accordingly to how my brain works, it's more riskier to make a decision in a more fast way. I need more time to think about it so that I get the appropriate answer for that matter.
Making decision in a fast way is risky too because there may be a lot of puzzles behind the situation and since you made your decision faster you won't be able to get to know about them.

Back