Which do you prefer working for someone else or building your own business?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Sherafina Duncan

Complete Stranger
Jun 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As for me personally prefer to build my own business. Yes, I worked for several years for other people to raise capital. For reasons I am not comfortable working under other people's pressure, I built my own business.

Although income from business tends to be unstable and erratic, I can enjoy life more. Apart from that, I am also looking for online job references that are suitable for me, as additional income. How about you?
starting a business is a great thing. but the competition nowadays is really tight. Therefore for now I prefer to work and get paid. I still have to work and collect money for my old age. It seems like doing business is not something I can handle.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.131
I prefer to have my own business than working under the roof of other's company. It is best to build our own empire and be realistic along the way of having one.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Personally, I prefer to have my own business, because I've been used to helping my parents' shop since I was little, but often people can't start a business right away, especially professional services like lawyers etc. they must have at least 2 years of in law firm work experience calculated after graduating from college.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
I prefer building my own company though there are a lot of work and need to be put in place and responsibility one has to always take but there is a joy that I have when I do what I want to do the time I want it
Well said, the truth of the matter is that it would never be easy. There are so many ups and downs you would have to face the results of certain actions you take, but if you are determined and consistent, you will definitely reach your goals.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
Freelancer is also good. Although I don't consider freelancing a business. But it is good and you can earn extra income monthly but it is not an easy job and you have to always look for a job

Freelancing could be a business in the sense that you could hire a team of professional freelancers and you could start receiving orders from the customers. You could assign the task to the freelancers and earn profits when you sell your work or complete/submit a project.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
It depends on the stage of life that' you are in. When I started in my quest for financial independence, I had to work for someone to learn ye ropes on how to manage a business. I personally prefer running my business though.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Freelancer is also good. Although I don't consider freelancing a business. But it is good and you can earn extra income monthly but it is not an easy job and you have to always look for a job
Engaging in freelancing job is a very lucrative exercise but it is a highly competitive profession.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Building my own business is somewhat a dream for me and if I dream to work for someone else then things remain there where it was to be. Working for others is like he is our boss and we have to obey his orders.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I prefer having my own business and being my own boss. Working for someone else can be so tiresome and stressful as you have to put up with their characters and emotional outbursts. Though now I have to tolerate that while I look for money to create my own business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Although I would like to build my own business but since I don't have any business so I am working for someone
Yes it is better than doing notting. And the best part about it is that when you work under someone you are also gaining all the experience you need to create your own business when the time comes.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I won't jump in to criticize those that are employees because abilities vary. As a person, I am naturally tuned up to be a biss of my own and own my business. Being an employee wouldn't definitely work for me.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
starting a business is a great thing. but the competition nowadays is really tight. Therefore for now I prefer to work and get paid. I still have to work and collect money for my old age. It seems like doing business is not something I can handle.
It is true that today's business competition is very tight, so every businessman is required to be creative and innovative so that their business can survive. The mind of a businessman will continue to look for inspiration and creative ideas to grow his business.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
It's risky to start your own business so it's better to work for someone till you find a good business idea
Very true, it could be risky to start your own business, while working for someone you can equally use that opportunity to gain all the necessary experience required to open your own successful business, so working for someone is like an internship, until you have gotten sufficient knowledge.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.433
If I can find something that is for myself or for my family then I can work with zeal and have inner motivation to achieve the max and it would be absent if I need to work for someone

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I will go with my idea because I don't like working for anyone. you are just helping people build their business for peanuts in the name of pay. Building yours is better

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
In as much as many people would desire to buid their own businesses, or is pertinent to know that businesses are harder to run than running jobs. Jobs are far easier to earn from than businesses.

Back