Why do banks give their marketers unrealistic targets?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One job I can't do is to be a marketer for a bank. I don't understand why a marketer should be tasked to bring millions of deposits into the bank. All these targets put pressure on those staff and can make them depressed.

Banks should be more humane I their dealings with their staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.050
Target should always be given in realistic way so it can be achive by hard work but some organization gives so much unrealistic targets which remain not achievable and put a lot if pressure.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Target should always be given in realistic way so it can be achive by hard work but some organization gives so much unrealistic targets which remain not achievable and put a lot if pressure.
Some or the female marketers end up being exploited just because they are dying to meet targets.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One job I can't do is to be a marketer for a bank. I don't understand why a marketer aoukd be tasked to bring millions of deposits into the bank. All these targets put pressure on those staff a d can make them depressed.

Well, I think that this is not the case with banks alone. I think almost all the companies tend to give their employees unrealistic targets.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I completely agree, marketing for a bank can be a high-pressure job especially when it comes to achieving those million-dollar deposit targets. It's important for banks to remember the wellbeing of their employees and not put so much pressure on them.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.748
In my view, bankers cannot whine about it if they signed the contract of agreement. If they signed it, then these job descriptions are needed to be carried out.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
I agree. Marketing staff of banks are under high pressure to get deposits and get customers applying for their loans. I sometimes receive calls on weekends or at 9-10pm at night from bank staff asking me if I need to borrow money. I turn down the offer but I feel bad for the staff having to work at such odd hours.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$3.657
Raw Dex
$0.241
I agree. Marketing staff of banks are under high pressure to get deposits and get customers applying for their loans. I sometimes receive calls on weekends or at 9-10pm at night from bank staff asking me if I need to borrow money. I turn down the offer but I feel bad for the staff having to work at such odd hours.
The banks also want to achieve result and that is why they set high target for their workers to meet.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most of the banks are exploiters and they simply know you can't achieve the aim, only to use the person and dump him or her. Though, it is only in Nigeria you will see that kind of exploitation. I always advise my friends is better to do menial jobs and have money enough to solve your problems than white collar jobs than will waste your time.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
It is not good because sometimes it leads to these bank workers engaging in bad activities to meet up the target. They should be realistic when tasking staff with targets.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know of a few female marketers that had to compromise themselves with men to meet up the targets given to them by their banks. Bank managers should be humane with these targets.
It is not good because sometimes it leads to these bank workers engaging in bad activities to meet up the target. They should be realistic when tasking staff with targets.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Those kind of unrealistic targets make the female marketers prey to perverted men. I know of a couple of marketers that are being lured by men with the promise of opening accounts to help them meet those unrealistic targets.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I guess its due to the fact that they are not the ones on the field so they can just easily dish out orders without a care on how they can achieve it. Most business most of them usually gives such challenge just to bring out the best in the employees though.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
One job I can't do is to be a marketer for a bank. I don't understand why a marketer should be tasked to bring millions of deposits into the bank. All these targets put pressure on those staff and can make them depressed.

This is one of the reason why I hate working in the bank and especially working as a marketer. This is because it is a job that will always be frustrating for you because of the target you are supposed to meet.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
I think the banks Must aim higher that's why they give their marketers almost unachievable targets but they know the point at which the marketers are supposed to reach at.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Banks take capitalism to the highest level. They don't care how you do it. They believe in results even if it hurts you in the long run.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240

Hahaha
All I can say is that they are being wicked. I have had a job like that too.

Back