Your fears when starting a poultry farm?

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We all know that poultry farming is one of the best and profitable business to venture into but there are some thing attached to poultry faming that i am really scared of.
- unreasonable rise in the cost of feeding the birds: right now in my country the cost of feeding the birds in a poultry farm is very high, almost neck breaking .
- poultry birds love dying: if you have been in the poultry business then you should have noticed that the birds(chickens especially) derives pleasure in dying when their harvest time is at hand.
- fear of wandering predators: my mum once own a large flocks of layers but surprisingly when the birds started laying eggs, we noticed egg shells in random areas around the farm. The egg eating snakes were later caught but the huge damages are done already.
- disease: an infected bird is capable of infecting the whole farm with the same disease if care isn't taken.
What are you fears in starting a poultry faming?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
We all know that poultry farming is one of the best and profitable business to venture into but there are some thing attached to poultry faming that i am really scared of.
- unreasonable rise in the cost of feeding the birds: right now in my country the cost of feeding the birds in a poultry farm is very high, almost neck breaking .
- poultry birds love dying: if you have been in the poultry business then you should have noticed that the birds(chickens especially) derives pleasure in dying when their harvest time is at hand.
- fear of wandering predators: my mum once own a large flocks of layers but surprisingly when the birds started laying eggs, we noticed egg shells in random areas around the farm. The egg eating snakes were later caught but the huge damages are done already.
- disease: an infected bird is capable of infecting the whole farm with the same disease if care isn't taken.
My major fear is if my hens will not die or fall sick. It is very hard to rear living things and even none living things.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.815
I am speaking this opinionated statement based on my cousin's experience with this kind of business. The main goal is that chickens will not be inflicted with diseases.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I am speaking this opinionated statement based on my cousin's experience with this kind of business. The main goal is that chickens will not be inflicted with diseases.
You're very right because if those chickens get infected, they will die and nobody will buy a dead chicken. It takes professionalism to take care of them

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One Infected chicken can easily spread disease around the whole poultry farm if they are not isolated on time , my aunt made this mistake thinking the chicken was only having dry cough(lol) but when she get to know that it's a dangerous disease about 20 birds are already coughing.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
One Infected chicken can easily spread disease around the whole poultry farm if they are not isolated on time , my aunt made this mistake thinking the chicken was only having dry cough(lol) but when she get to know that it's a dangerous disease about 20 birds are already coughing.
That's very true. I even forgot that one can infect others. That business is very risky so it takes an expert to do it

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.800
I don't have a poultry farm and I have no intention of starting a business in this niche, however, I have relatives who have poultry farms.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

Well, poultry farm business is very risky because the price of chicken may skyrocket and you must also buy expensive feed as well.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.018
Though poultry farming is lucrative, but one thing i fear is how to take care of the hens. I heard there are two kinds and one is fit for a particular kind of weather.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes it's all true, I totally agree with you. Indeed, that is what breeders often worry about. Apart from that, there have been disasters that have caused the price of poultry to drop, such as during a pandemic, the price of poultry fell so unreasonably that it caused losses.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$1.050
Raw Dex
$0.055
Yes the business is profitable but there is always a fear that they all get diseased and die if a hen is diseased so one has to take care of them.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes the business is profitable but there is always a fear that they all get diseased and die if a hen is diseased so one has to take care of them.
I once had a few chickens, it was the season for the bird flu virus. In the afternoon they were still healthy, fresh and fine, in the morning several of my chickens suddenly died all of a sudden.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before I started my poultry business, the common belief was that Chickens can just wake up and decide to die. I had so much fear that a person's investment can just go down the drain in just one day. Having been in the business for some time now, I have realized that it was just a myth.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I feel fear when I think to start business of poultry farm, as if when I start and suddenly the bird flu will appear then I will lose all my money.
Yes, that's the biggest fear of poultry farmers, the bird flu virus is very dangerous. I myself do not know the cure. My chickens leave the house during the day, when they don't come home in the evening it turns out they are dead in the garden.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
My major fear is if my hens will not die or fall sick. It is very hard to rear living things and even none living things.

This is why you have to be very observant when it comes to looking after your poultry farm birds because once you are observant, you will notice the ones that are feeling sick and you separate them immediately from the entire batch.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is why you have to be very observant when it comes to looking after your poultry farm birds because once you are observant, you will notice the ones that are feeling sick and you separate them immediately from the entire batch.
Yes, that's right, because farming is not easy, in my country there is a special school for animal husbandry. They learn it all there. Because doing business without knowledge will be very risky and easily bankrupt.

Back