$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I sure don't see that menu on the bottom of my post

rif-post-edit.jpg
Post automatically merged:

I sure don't see that menu on the bottom of my post

rif-post-edit.jpg
Well this was not an exercise in vain, I went on about my business and while on another post I inadvertantly ran my mouse over the right spot and the menu I needed popped up. Now I can relax and participate with that tool at my disposal for every post I write or comment on. Thanks for your help and sorry to be such a bother.

Last edited:

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is confusion. Can we report all the comments which are less than 30 words or not? Are the comments which are lesser than 30 words considered spam or not?

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is confusion. Can we report all the comments which are less than 30 words or not? Are the comments which are lesser than 30 words considered spam or not?
There is no confusion there. Anyone who post below 30 words will not be credited. Sometimes you may lose counts and you may post below 30words, it shouldn't be an offence.

Jordan

Former Owner - Surpreme Overlord
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yea, posting below 30 words isn't punishable. You just won't get credited.

Now, if the post is irrelevant or doesn't contribute to the discussion, the post can be removed.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is no confusion there. Anyone who post below 30 words will not be credited. Sometimes you may lose counts and you may post below 30words, it shouldn't be an offence.
There is a word counter in the bottom rright corner of the posting panel, so you shouldn't have the problem of losing count.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a word counter in the bottom rright corner of the posting panel, so you shouldn't have the problem of losing count.

But still sometimes people dont bother to check the word counter and lose count and that's fine that a person won't be credited for it, it is better to always check the counter before pressing the "post reply" button.

Jordan

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I also need to suggest a $0.02 for replies to threads. The maximum amount of money to make in a day can still remain the same. I hope you review this so that members will be encouraged to create curating content.

I understand the frustrations.

We want to create meaningful discussions, and if posts are just replying for the sake of getting that 1 cent, it isn't going to make our site grow.

P.S. ^ that is over 30 words right there. Ultimately, 30 words shouldn't take any effort at all to hit. I do plan on increasing our user pay, but I first need to start monetising the website. This process has started, and am now awaiting Google to review the site so we can start using Adsense.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.795
If for comments a minimum of 30 words, what is the minimum number of words needed in a thread, or to get a reward, the main requirement is a minimum of 30 for both posts/comments and threads.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$1.447
Raw Dex
$0.641
30 words shouldn't be a problem anyways, but I want to suggest a better payment channel for bitcoin. You could also consider BCH or LTC with a minimal transaction fee.
I understand the frustrations.

We want to create meaningful discussions, and if posts are just replying for the sake of getting that 1 cent, it isn't going to make our site grow.

P.S. ^ that is over 30 words right there. Ultimately, 30 words shouldn't take any effort at all to hit. I do plan on increasing our user pay, but I first need to start monetising the website. This process has started, and am now awaiting Google to review the site so we can start using Adsewords is

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I am loving most of the changes that have been made here and personally i have been affected directly and indirectly.This however is the step in the right direction and only hope it is effective going forward.It is not something to hide but honestly having dragging conversations and senseless threads or topics with no bearing is really boring and making one think such types of threads are just for ripping points off from the forum.So the more we have tutorials and quality theads then i am sure we will be benefitting as individuals from valuable information that is able to help someone out there more especially what relates to helping someone to make money.

Jordan

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I am loving most of the changes that have been made here and personally i have been affected directly and indirectly.This however is the step in the right direction and only hope it is effective going forward.It is not something to hide but honestly having dragging conversations and senseless threads or topics with no bearing is really boring and making one think such types of threads are just for ripping points off from the forum.So the more we have tutorials and quality theads then i am sure we will be benefitting as individuals from valuable information that is able to help someone out there more especially what relates to helping someone to make money.
Exactly.

At the end of the day, if we are paying for content that isn't adding any value or is irrelevant to the topics at hand, the site isn't going to last. Not only will we not be indexed by Google to help the organic growth of the site, we will be loosing money to said content.

I want RIF to grow, and I need to take steps to ensure that happens.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.060
Does RIF accept articles/threads that have been published on other forums by the same username?
The topic on the matter, actually mentions it:

What are the requirements?
  • Be able to write comprehensive English with proper spelling and grammar.
  • Content must be 100% unique. Not seen elsewhere, or created through AI
  • Any content that is copied, generated via AI, or spun from other articles will be denied, and your access to the writers guild removed.
  • Once an article you submit is published on our website, you can not use it elsewhere.
  • Each article must be 1,000 words minimum. Smaller articles can be approved on a case by case basis.
  • Personal opinions and beliefs should be omitted, unless talking from a standpoint of RIF.
  • Fluffing the articles for the sake of increasing word count isn't allowed. Sentence structures should be natural.
For reference, the quote above comes from the topic in this very board, on the very subject matter, which can be found at: https://indexforum.com/threads/articles-and-writers-guild.8404/

Back