Before negotiating your salary, know what they are paying you for.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One thing that people fail at is the ability to negotiate their salaries. There are two variables that you should consider when negotiating your salary. The first one is
1) Your time: How much do you value your time? Your time is your life and you kill yourself when you give someone your time without adequate compensation.
2) Your skills: You offer your skills and creativity to help his dreams grow. What value can you place on that skill?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.180
Raw Dex
$0.008
When negotiating for the salary, I would take into consideration the following factors.
1. My qualifications and experience required to do the job.
2. My working hours. That is, how much time I need to spend working for the company.
3. My responsibilities and duties.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When you value your time, you won't allow an employer to misuse your time. You would work according to an agreed schedule and you won't do unpaid overtime. Employers love to extend the closing time of employees.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Most employees don't factor in the value of their time when negotiating salaries. Even if you go to an organization and sit down doing nothing, the time they have taken from you is enough to pay you well

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One thing that people fail at is the ability to negotiate their salaries. There are two variables that you should consider when negotiating your salary. The first one is
1) Your time: How much do you value your time? Your time is your life and you kill yourself when you give someone your time without adequate compensation.
2) Your skills: You offer your skills and creativity to help his dreams grow. What value can you place on that skill?
And you should consider transport fare. A lot of people do not consider this and they end up losing money to transport

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You have to consider the expense of resources and time it took for you to be qualified for that job. Then factor in the experience you have gathered before you agree on a pay.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.900
Raw Dex
$0.273
Mine had always been the time: I value my time a lot so as you have rightly stated when we give someone your time without adequate compensation it means e are cheating ourselves

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.900
Raw Dex
$0.273
I agree with you that before negotiating salary at you work place you need to find out what they are paying you for it is good to have a clean name

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It amaze me when I read some of things happening somewhere else but not possible in Nigeria. For where will you be considering the amount you will be paid before accepting the offers?. You are even lucky to have gotten one that offers to employ you.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.875
I do think that we need to review the contract before signing it. This is the problem of other people for not doing so. That is why they keep on complaining and that includes the salary being offered.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.740
A lot needs to be considered when negotiating the salaries for the next job. The most important thing is how long would you be required to be working and what would be your salary for rendering your services for the organisation..

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is always important to value of skill so much. If you are someone who is very much skilled you need to negotiate your salary and also let them know that you value your time so much also.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
If your time is valuable to you, you won't accept any stupid salary they offer you. I value my time so much and I don't joke with it. That is even why I can't be a full time worker for anyone.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If your time is valuable to you, you won't accept any stupid salary they offer you. I value my time so much and I don't joke with it. That is even why I can't be a full time worker for anyone.
You are saying this because probably you are not in Nigeria and do not know how workers feel here. Or could it be because you are not doing offline work?.
Workers are working here just to eke out living and putting their souls intact. The amount of time wasted in the course of discharging their duties are meaningless so far they are able to be paid stipend salaries that are not sufficient to quantify their effort.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are saying this because probably you are not in Nigeria and do not know how workers feel here. Or could it be because you are not doing offline work?.
Workers are working here just to eke out living and putting their souls intact. The amount of time wasted in the course of discharging their duties are meaningless so far they are able to be paid stipend salaries that are not sufficient to quantify their effort.
I think it depends on the kind of work you do. I work part-time as a student at this moment and I make more money than most full-time workers. It is all about identifying the right opportunities.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.243
When it comes to salary negotiation, it would be best you actually know your worth. Many persons today are under paid simply because they do not know what they are really worth.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is actually the truth. Knowing your worth is very much important and that is why people are always advised to acquire as many skills as possible. When you have some skills you'll be very valuable.

Back