Being poor: fate or choice?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I would say both plays a part. Some people are born with a silver spoon in mouth. They have the opportunity to receive good education. Some work in big family business after graduation. However, s(he) still needs to work hard to maintain the business. On the other hand, I have seen people who were born in a poor family and became rich and successful in his/her career. The main reason is they studied hard, worked hard.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would say both plays a part. Some people are born with a silver spoon in mouth. They have the opportunity to receive good education. Some work in big family business after graduation. However, s(he) still needs to work hard to maintain the business. On the other hand, I have seen people who were born in a poor family and became rich and successful in his/her career. The main reason is they studied hard, worked hard.
This is true. A person who is rich must work hard to maintain his wealth. But about poor people. I see many people who work hard but do not get results. Income is low and the economy is bad. The costs are high. I don't know if someone can become rich in today's world

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes it is. As you say, that person does not try to get food, but someone gives him food. Of course, what you say seems a bit impossible in 2023, but free food is always good :LOL:
I don't know at your place, at our place. Almost every day we get free food from our neighbours, free food is delicious. Sometimes when we didn't have any food at all, because it wasn't cooked, neighbors suddenly came to deliver food. LOL

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know at your place, at our place. Almost every day we get free food from our neighbours, free food is delicious. Sometimes when we didn't have any food at all, because it wasn't cooked, neighbors suddenly came to deliver food. LOL
You are talking about the land of dreams, let me in please 🤣 Well this is very good. It seems that in your country neighbors have close relations. In my country, it is like this in some cities, but not in big cities. Everyone is busy making money and no one has time

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
You are talking about the land of dreams, let me in please 🤣 Well this is very good. It seems that in your country neighbors have close relations. In my country, it is like this in some cities, but not in big cities. Everyone is busy making money and no one has time
Actually, in big cities it's mostly like what you told me. Maybe I'm the lucky one to get good neighbors even though I'm in a big city, Jakarta, the metropolitan city of the nation's capital. :D

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Actually, in big cities it's mostly like what you told me. Maybe I'm the lucky one to get good neighbors even though I'm in a big city, Jakarta, the metropolitan city of the nation's capital. :D
Definitely so. You are a lucky boy :D Because I remember reading a news story about Indonesia where a lot of spectators died in a football match. That was sad. I think it is difficult to live in big cities in Indonesia

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Definitely so. You are a lucky boy :D Because I remember reading a news story about Indonesia where a lot of spectators died in a football match. That was sad. I think it is difficult to live in big cities in Indonesia
Yes, that is so. In big cities, fights often occur which result in fatalities, just because their idol football club loses a soccer match. I myself am also surprised, ever stuck in this situation. It was terrible throwing stones at each other and slashing each other with weapons.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, that is so. In big cities, fights often occur which result in fatalities, just because their idol football club loses a soccer match. I myself am also surprised, ever stuck in this situation. It was terrible throwing stones at each other and slashing each other with weapons.
Yes, it was sad. I mean that these players receive a lot of salaries and winning and losing is not important to them, but the fans take this entertainment so seriously.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes, it was sad. I mean that these players receive a lot of salaries and winning and losing is not important to them, but the fans take this entertainment so seriously.
Yes you are right, does the same thing happen in your country too? I hope not. This kind of thing is very sad and embarrassing. I myself am very surprised, and think football supporters are sometimes very stupid.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes you are right, does the same thing happen in your country too? I hope not. This kind of thing is very sad and embarrassing. I myself am very surprised, and think football supporters are sometimes very stupid.
Yes, sometimes these things have happened. you know what? Football is an excuse. Unfortunately, in today's world, people hate each other (because of beliefs, race, etc.) and look for excuses to fight with each other.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes, sometimes these things have happened. you know what? Football is an excuse. Unfortunately, in today's world, people hate each other (because of beliefs, race, etc.) and look for excuses to fight with each other.
That's right, even the football is also a material for fighting. I can not understand why they continue like this. Differences in beliefs, should not be a problem. Because it relates to the heart and can not be forced.

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Free food?? Wow, that's really helpful to those who find it hard to put food on their table. How I wish that can be done here

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Your financial position is your responsibility. There is nothing like fate when it comes to earnings, it is a garbage in and garbage out thing.
So you are from Nigeria and as far as I know there is not equal opportunity to earn money for everyone in Nigeria right? If such a situation happened to you, would you say this again?

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.530
More than fate, I would talk about predestination. Poverty came to the world since the Original Sin. The knowledge of Good and Evil (Genesis, A.T.) of our first ancestors brought sin in the world and famine, shortage and sinful human nature were (and still are) the direct consequences. In its turn, poverty is the consequence of sin, famine, shortage and many other mishaps. I don't believe that poverty is always poors' fault (a so trendy phylosophy of this modern age), unless John, Jerry and Jack Doe live a spendthrift life, completely ignoring how to save and/or, if living in a meritocratic country and family conditions aren't desfavourables, they lack to study to get degrees/postgrads. As we see, tons of variables affect and I believe, out of a personal spendthrift life (if we are children and teenagers an were born in a spendthrift and unconscious family, it's not our fault: it's circumstances we cannot control) and personal laziness, we only have a little influence on outdoor corcumstances. Based on my experience and environment knowledge, we only have a little or very little influence on outdoor circumstances (we don't choose our family where to born, we don't choose the country were to born and we don't choose the era when to come in the world: we even cannot choose the colour of our hair, so the statement of Bill Gates we can choose to not die poor makes not too much sense for me). Well, this doesn't mean we can find excuses to not study (if we really have this possibility) and to not roll up our sleeves to exit from poverty: very probably, our efforts won't never make us rich or even wealthy (if it happens, it's not the rule, but the exception, the result of many favourable outdoor circumstances that cooperate with one's efforts), but it's most likely to leave poverty for the middle or the low-middle class.

Bango:
So you are from Nigeria and as far as I know there is not equal opportunity to earn money for everyone in Nigeria right? If such a situation happened to you, would you say this again?

Not only in Nigeria, dear friend: great part of my south European former country was a terrible mess that is seeing a little light only now with the new government. Until I left, especially in the city where I was born, no mind how many degrees, postgrads, masters and PhDs you owned: if you weren't acquainted with a politician, no the least job for you, even humble (I would say useful) jobs like cleaning bathrooms. However, until now the mishap isn't only corrupted politicians, but the very high unemployment rate is a sad reality since the nineties and this circumstance only worsened until now. And covid-19 did the rest.

Last edited:

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Yeah sometimes it is to go ahead in life as the most important thing is that one will continue tomake ends meet without relying on people just go ahead and make money

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
For me I think being poor it's a fate. No one would really like to be a poor. Most people really do try as hard as possible but they would remain poor simple because things never work out for them.

Back