How much is a kilo of Chicken in your country?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.675
Raw Dex
$0.000
You can buy it very cheap depending on the location buying directly from the poultry farmers you will get it at a cheaper price especially if you are buying plenty

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.420
According to the way at which the inflation has hit me, I have reverted to the taking of some other foods like the fresh vegetables and some cereals because I can longer afford to buying the chicken.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As long as those chickens are not mature you cannot be able to eat it which is why you are left with the option of having to buy in the market to make use of.
Those sold in the market are usually raised for 26 days I was told. They're less than a kilo. weight. I still prefer to eat the free range ones.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
With the rising inflation, prices of food products have risen and sometimes doubled in some countries. One of the affected products is chicken. Chicken is the meat of choice for so many people. The price of chicken has seen some increase because the cost of feed and other inputs has increased.

So what is the price of a standard kilo of Chicken in your country
Honestly, the way the price of chicken skyrocketed is very alarming, especially in my country, something that was quite affordable some years back, now it is running into thousands in my local currency, but the price of a kilo of chicken is very expensive, it's dollar equivalent could be $5, as high as that.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
Honestly, the way the price of chicken skyrocketed is very alarming, especially in my country, something that was quite affordable some years back, now it is running into thousands in my local currency, but the price of a kilo of chicken is very expensive, it's dollar equivalent could be $5, as high as that.
There is actually nothing that can be done. It is the general inflation in the world. I gave friends in poultry business and I can boldly tell you that it has not been easy with them in that business lately.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.420
I am always wondering when the ongoing inflation would at all come to an end and the normalcy resumes. I miss pretty those times that we were buying the kilogramme of the chicken at $2-3.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my country the prices of the chicken has been rising due to increase in chicken feeds too. So even a kilo is retailing at a higher price of the previous price
This is one of the negative effects of inflation as this is what is happening in every market sector in the country because everything is afected in the price

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$2.145
The chicken price ranges from Php 150 to Php 200. It also varies from one province to another in the Philippines. It is quite not pricey in the countryside if I must say.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
Any society that affordability of chicken is a luxury has regressed drastically. Chicken is supposed to be an easily affordable part of everyone's diet to stay healthy. The economy is really terrible that chicken is a luxury.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.675
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with you affordability of chicken should be by everyone it is a nice meat for food and it is nutritious as well. but it cheap here for me in my locality

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
I agree with you affordability of chicken should be by everyone it is a nice meat for food and it is nutritious as well. but it cheap here for me in my locality
How much do you buy a kilo of Chicken.? That's because chicken are very expensive everywhere. That's because a bag of feed shot up to #11,000 from #4000. I am curious to know how you source for yours.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$2.145
Any society that affordability of chicken is a luxury has regressed drastically. Chicken is supposed to be an easily affordable part of everyone's diet to stay healthy. The economy is really terrible that chicken is a luxury.
I can relate to this matter. This pandemic is one of main factors why things had been changed. Most of the commodities are still expensive. It is an aftermath of having this coronavirus and continues to lurking around the globe.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.675
Raw Dex
$0.000
I get mine from the farm itself. if you want to get it a lot cheaper than the market price them you should go to those that sell wholesales and not those on the market

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
I get mine from the farm itself. if you want to get it a lot cheaper than the market price them you should go to those that sell wholesales and not those on the market
A 6 weeks chicken in the farm is sold at 2k least price. And a live 6 weeks chicken should be about 1.3kg after dressing. That's the same 2k per kg price most people are mentioning here.
I can relate to this matter. This pandemic is one of main factors why things had been changed. Most of the commodities are still expensive. It is an aftermath of having this coronavirus and continues to lurking around the globe.
So when are we expecting to recover from this Corona virus pandemic and things get to normal again?

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Of course, it is going to be cheaper if you buy from the local farm and it will also be fresh.
Yes, i always buy from those people during festive seasons. the cost of chicken is always high in this part of the world during christmas and new year. But when you're buying from local farms you will get it at a cheaper price.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.760
of course location matters a lot. If you buy directly from the poultry farmers you will get it at a cheaper price. But when you buy from people who ar reselling you will buy at a higher price.
While I understand that, it is still not cheap even at the farm gate. I sell chickens boss. A live chicken that we used to sell #1200 is now being sold at #2200. That's close to 100% increase.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
Selling chickens might be lucrative because people love it but you have to be careful of overstocking because people cannot afford to buy chickens again these days.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
While I understand that, it is still not cheap even at the farm gate. I sell chickens boss. A live chicken that we used to sell #1200 is now being sold at #2200. That's close to 100% increase.
The truth is that the price of everything have almost skyrocketed due to inflation. But even at that you will still buy it cheaper from farm gate.

Back