Implementing no smoking regulations while in the company environment.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
This means that the laws against smoking are the same in all countries, even though the state will receive a very large cigarette tax, so that a pack of cigarettes costs up to $ 2.
That's right, I agree with you. Even if the price of a pack of cigarettes is 5$, I'm sure it will still sell. LOL That's the weirdness of a smoker, they sometimes prefer to hold hunger than resist the urge to smoke. Because of the effects of addiction, they are unable to distinguish between important needs and desires that can be discarded.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
That's right, I agree with you. Even if the price of a pack of cigarettes is 5$, I'm sure it will still sell. LOL That's the weirdness of a smoker, they sometimes prefer to hold hunger than resist the urge to smoke. Because of the effects of addiction, they are unable to distinguish between important needs and desires that can be discarded.
That's what addiction does to the psyche of an addict. But it is very wrong to smoke in public and in offices. The best bet is to wait till you close from work to smoke..

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.081
For me i feel it makes no sense to even smoke in an office o business environment. Imagine going to an office and all you could smell is cigarettes, it shows a high level of unprofessionalism.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.050
We all know it's not good to smoke even though people do smoke it is not advicable therefore it is a good idea to put a no smoking regulation at our place of businesses

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
For me i feel it makes no sense to even smoke in an office o business environment. Imagine going to an office and all you could smell is cigarettes, it shows a high level of unprofessionalism.
That's right, I agree with you. Even though there has been a ban, the application of the rules is not strict enough, so many people are stubborn. What I know is that most smokers are stubborn, difficult to advise them to stop their habit. Even my teacher used to smoke in front of the class before teaching.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
Alternatively, smokers could leave the workplace and smoke cigarettes out side the workplace. This may allow others to work without experiencing problems.
It is indeed the smoking area serves its purpose. I am sure that they can do other things, such as building recreational activities for them to use. It is still their will to quit smoking or not.
Post automatically merged:

We all know it's not good to smoke even though people do smoke it is not advicable therefore it is a good idea to put a no smoking regulation at our place of businesses
It is a good idea but it will lead to discrimination. The company can still build a smoking area for the smokers. They cannot stop smokers instantly and it is their will not to stop or not.

Last edited:

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
RIF Cash
$-4.900
Majority of the company would want to introduce a no-smoking guidelines for the business because it could go against the business ethics.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.008
Some companies apply this rule, such as petrol stations, because it is very dangerous for people to smoke there. Neither employees nor visitors may smoke at all when entering the petrol station area.

Smoking is also usually prohibited in hospitals, banks, and others. If you were a boss, would you apply this rule to your company. Even if your company is a restaurant, cafe, or something else?
I will surely apply this rule if I'm a boss of my own , irrespective of the kind of work I own, reason being that smoking might not go well with customers and make them go elsewhere.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
Majority of the company would want to introduce a no-smoking guidelines for the business because it could go against the business ethics.
That is something new. All I know is that majority of people who are in business smoke. I had seen some of them before and cannot stop them for being smokers. They just need to abide not to smoke in public.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.500
Some companies apply this rule, such as petrol stations, because it is very dangerous for people to smoke there. Neither employees nor visitors may smoke at all when entering the petrol station area.

Smoking is also usually prohibited in hospitals, banks, and others. If you were a boss, would you apply this rule to your company. Even if your company is a restaurant, cafe, or something else?
I think the best and most suitable method of tackling this problem is by creating specific smoking zones with good ventilation, where smokers can smoke on their break, instead of smoking in prohibited areas, for example.

Bisolami

Sep 19, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.300
It is not even reasonable for workers to be smoking in the working environment. They can do anything they like outside the working environment but they should not smoke when they are working
Yes, I would definitely implement the no smoking rule in my business. Smoke can be so irritating to those who don't smoke. That can even chase customers away. Especially in a restaurant or eatery, it can take away people's appetite.

Sherafina Duncan

Complete Stranger
Jun 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.000

Smoking is actually very detrimental to many people, even people who don't smoke, if they are near people who smoke, they will become passive smokers. If I become a boss, then I will prohibit my employees from smoking in public places. Maybe I will give a special room for employees who smoke. If they smoke outside that room, they will be punished.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
Smoking is actually very detrimental to many people, even people who don't smoke, if they are near people who smoke, they will become passive smokers. If I become a boss, then I will prohibit my employees from smoking in public places. Maybe I will give a special room for employees who smoke. If they smoke outside that room, they will be punished.

That's right, I agree with you. Must apply strict rules and sanctions for smokers who break the rules. I will not provide a special place for smokers, I will even require that my employees are not smokers, for the common good.

Sherafina Duncan

Complete Stranger
Jun 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.000
That's right, I agree with you. Must apply strict rules and sanctions for smokers who break the rules. I will not provide a special place for smokers, I will even require that my employees are not smokers, for the common good.
it's good if we make rules like that. Because apart from being better for health, it is also good for the economy. Even more so for people who can finish a pack of cigarettes in a day. Imagine how much cigarette money they can save for more important purposes.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
But here there are still business people who smoke in their workplaces. Usually a lower middle class business, I don't respect people who smoke while working. The smoke is very disturbing to the people around it. I easily feel short of breath when I smell cigarette smoke.
It is exactly the same way I feel about cigarettes because the smell is not healthy at all for human being and I don't understand why people can do without it.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
it's good if we make rules like that. Because apart from being better for health, it is also good for the economy. Even more so for people who can finish a pack of cigarettes in a day. Imagine how much cigarette money they can save for more important purposes.
It's true that besides that, if an employee who smokes gets sick because of their smoking, the company automatically has to help pay for the treatment. And of course with regulations like this, incidents like this can be avoided/minimized.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
But even if you stop them smoking within the company premises, you can't stop them from smoking at their homes. The best way to eliminate that kind of costs is to employ only non smokers and I am sure there are medical tests that can detect if one is a smoker or not.
It's true that besides that, if an employee who smokes gets sick because of their smoking, the company automatically has to help pay for the treatment. And of course with regulations like this, incidents like this can be avoided/minimized.
Post automatically merged:

You would have to display a No smoking signal in strategic positions in your organization buildings where everyone can see. And you can also pay for professional smoking cessation counseling for your workers.

Last edited:
Back