Is frozen turkey business allowed?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Nigeria, frozen turkey business are not that allowed to flourish. Frozen chicken has been taken as contraband goods even if it were local turkey. Once law enforcement agencies notice that your loads are frozen turkeys, it would be seized immediately. All efforts to convince government to lift ban over frozen turkeys has becoming futile. The government agencies has been convincing the public that the measures is aim to discourage importation of frozen turkeys and boost more production of local chicken. What do you think about this?. Do you support this view?.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
I am not sure about the logic of the government behind doing this. One thing is clear that they want to promote and support local farmers growing chicken. But if the farmers can grow local turkey, then I assume that it's equivalent to local chicken. And that doesn't impose any threat to local farmers. Maybe they would need some initial investment to raise Turkey if they have been raising chicken all these years.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, this is my first time of hearing this actually. But on a normal day a lot of people prefer chicken to turkey. I know people that sell frozen products in this part of the world and they also sell frozen turkey.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.940
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my location, most people prefer eating chicken. There are some who also like turkey. I personally also enjoy turkey though chicken is my most favorite meat. The turkey meat here are mostly imported.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.798
In my country the business is very legit and it's very lucrative. It Mostly does well in towns and urban centres Most people do love turkey meat and that has made the business to boom oflately.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is always a thing of shame that my country cannot be self sufficient even in simple productions like poultry products. We have to rely on importation. Some people still smuggle it into the country.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.720
In Nigeria, frozen turkey business are not that allowed to flourish. Frozen chicken has been taken as contraband goods even if it were local turkey. Once law enforcement agencies notice that your loads are frozen turkeys, it would be seized immediately. All efforts to convince government to lift ban over frozen turkeys has becoming futile. The government agencies has been convincing the public that the measures is aim to discourage importation of frozen turkeys and boost more production of local chicken. What do you think about this?. Do you support this view?.
There are still some people who are successful in smuggling them inside the country

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is issues like this that has largely kept the agricultural sector of my country undeveloped. I understand why the president closed the border at the time. But my country people cried foul. That's because we are consumers and not producers. How can a country still be importing frozen agricultural products like turkey.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
I don't see anything wrong with this frozen products are all sold here and they also sell frozen turkey as well, actually, nothing is wrong with this so it is good

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are still some people who are successful in smuggling them inside the country
It is because people are still managing to smuggle into the country necessitated its price to soar up. Despite the efforts of the government to curb the influx of this frozen turkey in the country, it can still be found abundantly in the markets.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my location, most people prefer eating chicken. There are some who also like turkey. I personally also enjoy turkey though chicken is my most favorite meat. The turkey meat here are mostly imported.
The same thing is also applicable to people in this part of the world. I also prefer eating chicken and that is why it is more a popular business here.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
When there is a ban imposed, people find loops and holes to get it smuggled across the borders. I think that ban is not an effective way. Government can rather encourage local farmers to raise Turkey. If there is a demand in the country ban would not work. People will find ways to smuggle and then sell at pretty high prices.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that when a product becomes contraband, it's price would soar because of the difficulties of securing the products. But turkeys are something that can be raised and even bred in Nigeria.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When there is a ban imposed, people find loops and holes to get it smuggled across the borders. I think that ban is not an effective way. Government can rather encourage local farmers to raise Turkey. If there is a demand in the country ban would not work. People will find ways to smuggle and then sell at pretty high prices.
That is the truth. when government bans something people will always finding loopholes to smuggle it. The best decision is for the government to encourage and support local farmers with funds.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is the truth. when government bans something people will always finding loopholes to smuggle it. The best decision is for the government to encourage and support local farmers with funds.
We cannot apportion blames to government for everything that happens. When government takes decision on certain policy, it must have make alternatives arrangements to cussion the effects. But the corruptional attitude within the government officials and some stakeholders in the public won't allow the manifestation of the programs.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We cannot apportion blames to government for everything that happens. When government takes decision on certain policy, it must have make alternatives arrangements to cussion the effects. But the corruptional attitude within the government officials and some stakeholders in the public won't allow the manifestation of the programs.
I think our country has the best laws and policies around. The problem we alwyss have is implementation of those policies. There is always no political will to implement all the good policies.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, that usually happens in countries where the level of corruption is high. There are some agencies in the government that are also responsible for trying to bring down government policies.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
I agree there. If people in the country are into buying turkey, the business should be encouraged by the government. Farmers should be encouraged to raise Turkey as well as chicken as both are in demand.

Back