Is frozen turkey business allowed?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree there. If people in the country are into buying turkey, the business should be encouraged by the government. Farmers should be encouraged to raise Turkey as well as chicken as both are in demand.
That is the objective of the federal government to have sanction the importation of frozen turkeys in the country. But the programs is not well executed as aids and grants are not provided to the local farmers in the country.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
That is the objective of the federal government to have sanction the importation of frozen turkeys in the country. But the programs is not well executed as aids and grants are not provided to the local farmers in the country.
Hmm...that does not sound good. But unfortunately, that is the case everywhere around the globe. There are wonderful programs by the government on paper. But sadly, they are not properly implemented due to various reasons. Commom people have to suffer and they can't do much.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
My two meat is chicken and frozen Turkey so I don't see any bad thing with this. but it is just that turkey is expensive but it is allowed in my country

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
My two meat is chicken and frozen Turkey so I don't see any bad thing with this. but it is just that turkey is expensive but it is allowed in my country
We don't have much demand of turkey in our country. But in countries where the two are in demand, turkey is always the expensive one. It's good that your country allows it. If the ban is imposed on something in demand, people go for illegal means like smuggling and then the price will be uncontrollably high.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We don't have much demand of turkey in our country. But in countries where the two are in demand, turkey is always the expensive one. It's good that your country allows it. If the ban is imposed on something in demand, people go for illegal means like smuggling and then the price will be uncontrollably high.
Yes o that is the situation here. There is high demand of frozen turkey than local chicken. Despite its high price, consumers are still longing for it in the markets. We are just wishing the incoming government would revert the sanction and allow importation of it in the country.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
Yes o that is the situation here. There is high demand of frozen turkey than local chicken. Despite its high price, consumers are still longing for it in the markets. We are just wishing the incoming government would revert the sanction and allow importation of it in the country.
Importation is legal way to get it in the country. It's a better way to get turkeys in your country than the smuggling. Smuggling will make the price uncontrolled. Better to have it impoted if there is a demand. Also, the government can later take measures to help farmers grow them locally.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
Yeah turkey is in high demand in my country though turkey it is always the expensive one. but people still buy and enjoy eating it. It's good that my country allows it

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
I assume that turkey meat is expensive than chicken meat because might be the rearing of turkey is costly. When it comes to food, even the expensive ones stay in demand. At least people try to buy it for special occasions if they can't afford it on regular basis.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I assume that turkey meat is expensive than chicken meat because might be the rearing of turkey is costly. When it comes to food, even the expensive ones stay in demand. At least people try to buy it for special occasions if they can't afford it on regular basis.
Consumers are considering the high rise of the turkey to affect their demands. Turkeys are preferable because of its palatability. Their meats are much more than chicken and can be used in all occasions. One big turkey killed is equivalent to 3 chickens.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think why people are still importing turkey into the country is because turkey is not as easy to rear as chickens and the average Nigerian won't be able to afford a live turkey. Truth is only elites regularly eat turkey in Nigeria.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As a full time farmer, I can tell you for free that you would need triple of the resources needed to raise a chicken to raise a turkey to maturity. It is not profitable to rear here in Nigeria. That's why they import the frozen one.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In Nigeria, frozen turkey business are not that allowed to flourish. Frozen chicken has been taken as contraband goods even if it were local turkey. Once law enforcement agencies notice that your loads are frozen turkeys, it would be seized immediately. All efforts to convince government to lift ban over frozen turkeys has becoming futile. The government agencies has been convincing the public that the measures is aim to discourage importation of frozen turkeys and boost more production of local chicken. What do you think about this?. Do you support this view?.
I personally know a lot of people that are into this line of business of frozen turkeys selling and they are making good money from it because it is doing so well here.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
Consumers are considering the high rise of the turkey to affect their demands. Turkeys are preferable because of its palatability. Their meats are much more than chicken and can be used in all occasions. One big turkey killed is equivalent to 3 chickens.
If that is the case, government is not acting wise to impose a ban. It won't be effective. Rather they should go for legal way of import from the other countries and help farmers grow it locally.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

The good thing is that both of them are white meat which is more healthy for you to eat when compared to red meat. That is the reason why my doctor recommended that I don't eat a lot of red meat.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
You are right good both of them are white meat even my doctor recommended and say same that they are more healthy Though expensive but they are better than red meats

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.450
Since turkeys are not common foods in my country, I am not sure if they are feasible to be sold them here. I am sure they can be feasible in America because they use turkeys with their special occasions.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
Yeah they are a lot of countries that frozen turkeys are not but if it is allowed in your country you can make a good business off it if you can manage it better.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree there. If people in the country are into buying turkey, the business should be encouraged by the government. Farmers should be encouraged to raise Turkey as well as chicken as both are in demand.
Probably, in this part of the world the number of people who are into poultry farming is higher than Turkey farming. This is because the demand for poultry products are higher.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
You are right the demand for poultry products are higher especially here in Nigeria. the thing is that it is cheaper to go into poultry farming than Turkey farming now

Back