Is insurance really a waste of money?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
It is only people that don't understands how insurance works that would be saying this but if you know how it works and its benrgits then you know that it's isn't a waste.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Insurance is basically securing yourself against the uncertainties of life. Some people say they buy an insurance plan and no uncertainty happened. They are of the opinion that insurance is a waste of money. Do you agree with that?
Insurance is a very good thing for you to do especially if you know the what of what you are getting insured because it is to cover you from losses.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
insurance is very important in every facet of life. It gives you some level of confidence especially when you have a business because if it goes bankrupt you will have a backup.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I believe insurance has never been a wasye of money. Nothing beats the fact that you know you are secured. It gives you an extra confidence to face life.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.161
It is not a waste of money in my opinion. Insurance keeps you from going bankrupt as a result of medical emergencies, the death of a loved one, and so on. I wish I could have bought one for myself when I was still healthy. Because I suffer from a chronic illness, it is too late for me.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe insurance has never been a wasye of money. Nothing beats the fact that you know you are secured. It gives you an extra confidence to face life.
Probably, knowing fully well that your business is secured can even give you some level of confidence. It will help you to take straight as a business person and implement good strategies.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
Insurance is basically securing yourself against the uncertainties of life. Some people say they buy an insurance plan and no uncertainty happened. They are of the opinion that insurance is a waste of money. Do you agree with that?
In my opinion, insurance is not a waste of money because life is unpredictable, You never know what will happen in future.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
We shouldn't wait till life deals with us before we take bold steps to avoid disasters to wreck us. Insurance especially for a business provides a lifeline for such business to recover after a major fall.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
But unfortunately there are cases of fraud in the name of insurance, when something happens but the policy cannot be claimed and they have many reasons for not paying immediately. We have to be careful of insurance like that.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
But unfortunately there are cases of fraud in the name of insurance, when something happens but the policy cannot be claimed and they have many reasons for not paying immediately. We have to be careful of insurance like that.
Actually insurance is not really a waste of money, if you can choose the right and legit insurance company, read the insurance policy before signing it, choose an insurance company that has a Risk Based Capital ratio above 125%, because insurance will cover your losses in the future.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Nope, no waste of time here it is always good to avoid unwarranted disasters in one's business you go for Insurance. You just have to save up for the premium to start out

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
Insurance is not a waste, it is to help when there is an unpleasant and unplanned event
That's true, though no one prays for anything bad to happen, but one just has to be prepared in case anything happens, but do people really use insurance here in Nigeria? I don't think everyone use it here.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
That is why you need an insurance broker or a lawyer to explain the terms of contract of an insurance policy before you append your signature. You are at liberty to refuse the offer given to you and tell them your own terms. In other words, insurance plans are negotiable.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
We shouldn't wait till life deals with us before we take bold steps to avoid disasters to wreck us. Insurance especially for a business provides a lifeline for such business to recover after a major fall.
I guess a lot of people do not take insurance policies seriously and it is not good. You see people who even have businesses are the ones who need it most but they always disregard the need

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.812
Insurance is not a waste of money but rather your lifetime protection against fire or whole correction if you get endowment insurance. But if you will stop or have many months of arrears, and something bad happens, that's the time your contributions will be put to waste because you are not a good payor.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Insurance is not a waste of money but rather your lifetime protection against fire or whole correction if you get endowment insurance. But if you will stop or have many months of arrears, and something bad happens, that's the time your contributions will be put to waste because you are not a good payor.
I have a life insurance and the Health Insurance that I can tell you that I am benefiting from it because I can just walk into the hospital and I will be treated even when I am broke

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.812
I have a life insurance and the Health Insurance that I can tell you that I am benefiting from it because I can just walk into the hospital and I will be treated even when I am broke
That is the nature of a health insurance to protect people's lives and health. I congratulate you for being wise and smart. That's the supposed thing people must do to avoid problems of doctor's bills.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
That is the nature of a health insurance to protect people's lives and health. I congratulate you for being wise and smart. That's the supposed thing people must do to avoid problems of doctor's bills.
There is no way you will be on earth and you will not fall sick even though it is once and that is why it is good to have an office insurance so that you can even go to the hospital when you are broke

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a warehouse that I know that suffered a fire outbreak. In a matter of two weeks, the house was erected back and all the goods that were in there restocked. That is when I came to appreciate the need for insurance.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
I don't think so but if you keep investing all your money in savings or in bank deposits then you will realize that you are wasting your money so you need to learn about investing

Back