Is it fair to appoint a new business manager from outside the organization's staff?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Supposing the current manager of a business organization leaves, there is an obvious need to appoint a new business manager.

This can be a daunting decision for the business owner to make. It could be elevating one of the present staff to position of manager or bringing in an external person to be manager. Do you think it is fair to the current staff to bring in an external person to become the manager?

francofoots

Complete Stranger
Apr 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Is not bad to appoint a new manager in your business because ,business is not what you do with emotion when the current manager is not doing well you need to get a substitute to make it work out all you know is that it must work .

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I understand the angle you are coming from. But what if among the current staff, there is no one qualified enough to handle the job role of a manager. Pragmatism requires that a manager must be brought in from outside to run the business.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.450
Raw Dex
$0.008
If there is no one in house who is qualified to do the job, I think it is a good idea to bring in a new professional who is experienced and qualified to fill the vacancy. S(he) can bring new ideas to the team.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If there is no one in house who is qualified to do the job, I think it is a good idea to bring in a new professional who is experienced and qualified to fill the vacancy. S(he) can bring new ideas to the team.
This kind of issue has to be handled with utmost tact. If not so, it might end up generating bad blood among staff and the new manager might not get the support he or she needs to function properly.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
I think it is fine if they are no qualified employees to be promoted. But I find it not fair for them. This is also my reason why I resigned with my previous company.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is all about being qualified and getting the job done. In my perspective there is nothing wrong with that. But before then you must try to look at the inner circle to see those that are qualified because they know the nooks and crannies of the business.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is better to always look inwards. It is only on situations that no one fits the bill from within that someone should be brought on from outside the business. This are the kinds of decisions that defines entrepreneurs.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that business is all about making profit and growth as board of directors of a business you ought to be initially after the growth of a business
Therefore anyone who is fit enough have the right to be a company's manager

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Supposing the current manager of a business organization leaves, there is an obvious need to appoint a new business manager.

This can be a daunting decision for the business owner to make. It could be elevating one of the present staff to position of manager or bringing in an external person to be manager. Do you think it is fair to the current staff to bring in an external person to become the manager?
I believe that every company actually know and have a means which they are hiring their staff and if getting a business manager outside the company is something that will benefit the management in general, I believe that it is the right thing to do.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$9.000
Raw Dex
$0.750
It is also good to taste the ability and credibility of an outsider, who knows he may have better ideas and performances that the previous manager. Though it also sounds awkward for the workers for they would face a new manager, they would make adjustments.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.943
I don't think whether this might be fair enough. But why don't they appoint one of the existing staff that might be having the qualifications for the manager than hiring someone outside the organisation who may be very new to the company.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think whether this might be fair enough. But why don't they appoint one of the existing staff that might be having the qualifications for the manager than hiring someone outside the organisation who may be very new to the company.
That is why they ought to train all the staff for leadership. So that voids like this can be easily filled in house.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The issue of competency is what should be considered first and not eitther employing from outside organisation or from inside.
Yeah, competency is the first thing business people should look at before making anyone a manager. Their years of experience is also one of the things that should be put into consideration.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.253
it's about appointung a good not necessarily anew manager in your business. it can be anybody whether a staff or outsider because ,business need you to get a good substitute

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It is also good to taste the ability and credibility of an outsider, who knows he may have better ideas and performances that the previous manager. Though it also sounds awkward for the workers for they would face a new manager, they would make adjustments.

Favoritism is never going to help your business which is why you must always be objective when it comes to hiring business manager that is going to help to grow your business.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

Honestly, I feel like it depends on the business owner and the structure of the business. If the business owner deems a particular employee fit for the management role, the promotion of that specific employee could do wonders for the morale of not just that person, but of the other employees too. On the other hand, the business owner may have to appoint an expert manager in the management role from outside the company, if the management role needs improvement and proper handling.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.253
Hiring a good business manager is extremely important so the business owner may have to appoint an expert manager in the management role from outside the company to help the businesses to grow

Back